The Biden Administration has been slow to implement sanctions under the Uyghur Human Rights Policy Act, which became law in 2020, and seeks to hold the perpetrators of the Uyghur genocide accountable. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) and U.S. Representative Mike...
In-person Mobile Office Hours Monday, December 11, 2023 Jackson County 9:30am – 11:00am CST UF/IFAS Jackson County Extension 2741 Penn Ave. Suite 3 Marianna, FL 32448 Click Here Pinellas County 1:30pm – 3:00pm EST Pinellas Park Chamber of Commerce 5851 Park...
Foreign adversaries, including China, have significantly increased covert tactics to infiltrate American colleges and K-12 schools. They do this to steal research, spread propaganda, and silence students and academics. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) and...
The criminal Maduro regime issued bogus warrants to arrest members of the Venezuelan opposition, including several campaign staffers working for opposition leader María Corina Machado, who won the opposition’s primary election earlier this year. Last night, Roberto...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) habló con Ninoska Pérez en La Poderosa 670 AM, sobre los grupos en EE.UU. que apoyan la masacre que lidera Hamás contra Israel, sobre los reclamos para un cese de fuego, sobre el arresto de Manuel Rocha y más. Una...
Yes, We Should Restrict U.S. Investment in China U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) December 7, 2023 National Review [A] recent investigation reveals that U.S. firm BlackRock is funneling the assets of millions of unwitting Americans into Chinese companies directly...
Rubio Introduces Bill to Suspend Terrorist Activity on College Campuses
Since the October 7, 2023 massacre by Hamas, Jewish students across the country have faced vandalism, arson, and other forms of harassment. Taxpayer-funded colleges have allowed staff and students who back the Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO) Hamas to engage in pro-terrorism harassment.
Taxpayer dollars shouldn’t fund nor facilitate pro-terrorist activities, and Institutions of Higher Education (IHEs) should take action in preventing harassment by terrorism supporters. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) introduced the Ending Subsidies for Pro-Terrorist Activities on Campus Act to ensure federal dollars are not being used to support pro-terrorist activities on college campuses and require that IHEs have policies to address them.
- “The last thing that students should be worried about is a threat to their safety. Shamefully, some students and faculty members are supporting an organization that has pledged to commit violence until Israel no longer exists. Our tax dollars should not be funding antisemitic, pro-terrorist activities on college campuses. It is absolutely ridiculous that the government is subsidizing this.” – Senator Rubio
This bill would:
- Prohibit federal funds from supporting any activity, by or in an IHE, that urges support for, endorses, espouses, encourages, organizes for, or promotes an FTO or its terrorist activities;
- Designate terrorist-related activity as an automatic disqualifier for federal student aid;
- Require IHEs to report to the public their policies to prevent and respond to unprotected speech on campus related to the existence of an FTO, a terrorist activity, or the goals of an FTO;
- Require IHEs to similarly report on their policies to combat antisemitism on campus;
- Require IHEs to report on their efforts to combat Title VI violations against Jewish individuals on campus;
- Require IHEs to identify faculty and staff candidates, as well as student applicants, who have engaged in terrorist-related activity; and
- Require IHEs to report to the Departments of Homeland Security and State instances in which a foreign student on an F, J, or M visa violates such new policies.
Want more information?