Emergency Preparedness and Response
Hurricane Idalia Recovery
Individuals affected by Hurricane Idalia now can apply for assistance in the following counties: Citrus, Columbia, Dixie, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Hernando, Jefferson, Lafayette, Levy, Madison, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, Sarasota, Suwanee, and Taylor.
Ways to Apply for FEMA Disaster Assistance
Online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov or call 1-800-621-3362.
When you apply, have the following information on hand:
- The address of your damaged home or apartment
- Names of people living in your household
- A description of your disaster damages
- Insurance information
- Your Social Security Number
- A telephone number where you can be reached or left a message
- An address where you can get mail
- If you want your disaster assistance funds sent directly to your bank, provide FEMA your bank information
2023 Hurricane Season
Florida is one of the most dynamic and beautiful states in the nation. It has also been hit by more hurricanes than any other state. Hurricane season lasts from June 1 until November 30. It is never too early for you and your loved ones to prepare for a potential tropical storm or hurricane.
You can find additional information from National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA), Florida Division of Emergency Management, and the Federal Emergency Management Agency.