U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) joined Special Report with Bret Baier to discuss the impending government shutdown, the possibility of a Saudi-Israeli normalization deal, and the indictment of Senator Bob Menendez (D-NJ). See below for highlights and watch the full...
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced three additions to the Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act (UFLPA) Entity List. These are the first additions by the Biden Administration since June. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL), author of the bipartisan...
Congress should think before it regulates AI U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) September 26, 2023 Washington Times To prevent next-generation computer programs from wreaking havoc on American society, [some members of Congress want] to enact comprehensive regulation at...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) joined The Aaron Renn Show to discuss Rubio’s Labor Day report on working (and non-working) men. See below for highlights and listen to the full interview here. On protecting American jobs and interests: “We made a series of economic...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) debated Senator Chris Coons (D-DE) on China, global leadership, and environmental policy at an event hosted by the Bipartisan Policy Center’s Senate Project at George Washington University. “We have to shape a future that recognizes...
Por Si Se Lo Perdió: Rubio Sobre la Coexistencia de la Inteligencia Artificial Y el Gobierno de EE.UU.
Inteligencia Artificial: El Congreso de EE.UU. debería pensar antes de regular la industria Por: El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio 22 de septiembre del 2023 Diario Las Américas “Es necesario legislar y aprender al mismo tiempo”. Esta broma reciente del senador...
Rubio, Ernst, Waltz Introduce Bill to Sanction Iran for Plotting to Assassinate Americans
The Iranian regime is the world’s leading state sponsor of international terrorism and has backed multiple plots to assassinate U.S. citizens on American soil. Despite this, the Biden Administration continues to pursue a misguided nuclear agreement with Tehran and the Ayatollah.
U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Joni Ernst (R-IA) introduced the Preventing Underhanded and Nefarious Iranian Supported Homicides (PUNISH) Act to prohibit the lifting of sanctions on Iran and prevent the Biden Administration from re-entering any nuclear agreement with Iran until the U.S. can certify that the Iranian regime has not planned any assassination attempts on Americans for five years.
- “It is insane to consider lifting sanctions on a murderous regime to begin with, but to do so while it is actively planning to kill our citizens is even more ridiculous. The Biden Administration must recognize that Tehran is not a worthy negotiating partner, and it does not deserve sanctions relief.” — Senator Rubio
- “It’s hard to fathom that, after countless attacks on Americans, and multiple confirmed plots against U.S. officials, the Biden Administration continues to cozy up to Iran in hopes of a mythical, so-called nuclear deal. President Biden should not provide a dime of sanctions relief to the largest state sponsor of terrorism, which is actively trying to kill U.S. officials and citizens, at home and abroad. The PUNISH Act will ensure Iran continues to feel maximum pressure from the United States.” — Senator Ernst
U.S. Representative Mike Waltz (R-FL) introduced companion legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- “The Iran Regime is actively using its proxies to carry out attacks and threaten U.S. officials despite the Biden Administration’s ongoing efforts to negotiate a nuclear deal that will further enrich the world largest state sponsor of terrorism. The Biden Administration has a duty to protect its citizens from the Iran Regime’s proxies who have already carried out an attack on Salman Rushdie, plotted an assassination against former National Security Advisor John Bolton. Maximum pressure sanctions must be retained against the Iranian Regime.” — Representative Waltz
The legislation has been endorsed by FDD Action, Christians United for Israel (CUFI) Action, America First Policy Institute, Republican Jewish Coalition, and Heritage Action.
Click here for a full list of cosponsors.
Want more information? Read more.
- September 2022: Rubio, Cruz Introduce Bill to Ban Iranian President Raisi from Entering the United States
- August 2022: Rubio, Cotton, Colleagues Demand Biden Deny Visa to Iran’s President
- July 2021: Rubio, Cotton, Colleagues Call on POTUS to Deny Visas for Iranian President, Senior Iranian Officials