Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Ltd. (CATL), a company directly funded and supported by the Chinese Communist Party, continues to pose national security risks to the United States. This past spring, CATL batteries were installed at Camp Lejeune, North...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s (R-FL) office will host in-person Mobile Office Hours next week to assist constituents with federal casework issues in their respective local communities. These office hours offer constituents who do not live close to one of Senator Rubio’s...
A mysterious respiratory illness is once again spreading in China. Until we know more about what could be a new pathogen, the United States must do everything possible to prevent the illness from reaching our shores. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) and colleagues sent...
Rubio y Colegas a Biden: Prohiba los Viajes Procedentes de China para Evitar la Propagación de Enfermedades Misteriosas
Una misteriosa enfermedad respiratoria se está propagando una vez más en China. Hasta que sepamos más sobre lo que podría ser un nuevo patógeno, EE.UU. debe hacer todo lo posible para evitar que la enfermedad llegue a nuestras costas. El senador estadounidense Marco...
El 21 de diciembre del 2023 expirarán las sanciones del gobierno de EE.UU. contra el narco-dictador venezolano Nicolás Maduro y 150 miembros de su régimen criminal, quienes son responsables de abusos contra los DDHH. del pueblo venezolano. El senador estadounidense...
On December 21, 2023, the U.S. government’s sanctions against Venezuela’s narco-dictator Nicolás Maduro, and 150 members of his criminal regime responsible for human rights abuses against the Venezuelan people, will expire. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL)...
Rubio, Ernst, Waltz Introduce Bill to Sanction Iran for Plotting to Assassinate Americans
The Iranian regime is the world’s leading state sponsor of international terrorism and has backed multiple plots to assassinate U.S. citizens on American soil. Despite this, the Biden Administration continues to pursue a misguided nuclear agreement with Tehran and the Ayatollah.
U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Joni Ernst (R-IA) introduced the Preventing Underhanded and Nefarious Iranian Supported Homicides (PUNISH) Act to prohibit the lifting of sanctions on Iran and prevent the Biden Administration from re-entering any nuclear agreement with Iran until the U.S. can certify that the Iranian regime has not planned any assassination attempts on Americans for five years.
- “It is insane to consider lifting sanctions on a murderous regime to begin with, but to do so while it is actively planning to kill our citizens is even more ridiculous. The Biden Administration must recognize that Tehran is not a worthy negotiating partner, and it does not deserve sanctions relief.” — Senator Rubio
- “It’s hard to fathom that, after countless attacks on Americans, and multiple confirmed plots against U.S. officials, the Biden Administration continues to cozy up to Iran in hopes of a mythical, so-called nuclear deal. President Biden should not provide a dime of sanctions relief to the largest state sponsor of terrorism, which is actively trying to kill U.S. officials and citizens, at home and abroad. The PUNISH Act will ensure Iran continues to feel maximum pressure from the United States.” — Senator Ernst
U.S. Representative Mike Waltz (R-FL) introduced companion legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- “The Iran Regime is actively using its proxies to carry out attacks and threaten U.S. officials despite the Biden Administration’s ongoing efforts to negotiate a nuclear deal that will further enrich the world largest state sponsor of terrorism. The Biden Administration has a duty to protect its citizens from the Iran Regime’s proxies who have already carried out an attack on Salman Rushdie, plotted an assassination against former National Security Advisor John Bolton. Maximum pressure sanctions must be retained against the Iranian Regime.” — Representative Waltz
The legislation has been endorsed by FDD Action, Christians United for Israel (CUFI) Action, America First Policy Institute, Republican Jewish Coalition, and Heritage Action.
Click here for a full list of cosponsors.
Want more information? Read more.
- September 2022: Rubio, Cruz Introduce Bill to Ban Iranian President Raisi from Entering the United States
- August 2022: Rubio, Cotton, Colleagues Demand Biden Deny Visa to Iran’s President
- July 2021: Rubio, Cotton, Colleagues Call on POTUS to Deny Visas for Iranian President, Senior Iranian Officials