U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s (R-FL) office will host Mobile Office Hours this week to assist constituents who were affected by Hurricane Idalia. These office hours offer constituents who do not live close to one of Senator Rubio’s eight regional offices a more...
Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Ltd. (CATL), a company directly funded and supported by the Chinese Communist Party, continues to pose national security risks to the United States. This past spring, CATL batteries were installed at Camp Lejeune, North...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s (R-FL) office will host in-person Mobile Office Hours next week to assist constituents with federal casework issues in their respective local communities. These office hours offer constituents who do not live close to one of Senator Rubio’s...
A mysterious respiratory illness is once again spreading in China. Until we know more about what could be a new pathogen, the United States must do everything possible to prevent the illness from reaching our shores. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) and colleagues sent...
Rubio y Colegas a Biden: Prohiba los Viajes Procedentes de China para Evitar la Propagación de Enfermedades Misteriosas
Una misteriosa enfermedad respiratoria se está propagando una vez más en China. Hasta que sepamos más sobre lo que podría ser un nuevo patógeno, EE.UU. debe hacer todo lo posible para evitar que la enfermedad llegue a nuestras costas. El senador estadounidense Marco...
El 21 de diciembre del 2023 expirarán las sanciones del gobierno de EE.UU. contra el narco-dictador venezolano Nicolás Maduro y 150 miembros de su régimen criminal, quienes son responsables de abusos contra los DDHH. del pueblo venezolano. El senador estadounidense...
Rubio, Colleagues Introduce Bill to Prevent Foreign Terrorist Sympathizers From Entering or Remaining in the U.S.
Following the October 7th terrorist attacks in Israel, pro-Hamas demonstrations swept across the U.S., including by foreign nationals. Under federal law, individuals who endorse or espouse terrorist activity are inadmissible. Current law explicitly states that members of certain groups, including the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO), are not permitted in the U.S. However, the PLO is not the only group that should be banned in our nation.
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) and colleagues introduced the Terrorist Inadmissibility Codification Act. This bill would expand current U.S. law to prohibit members, officers, officials, representatives, and spokesmen of Hamas, Hezbollah, Al-Qaeda, ISIS, and Palestine Islamic Jihad from entering, or remaining in, the U.S. The bill would also apply to aliens who endorse or espouse terrorist activities conducted by any of these U.S.-designated Foreign Terrorist Organizations (FTO).
- “Foreign adversaries and terrorist sympathizers have no place in America. As we continue to face an increase in pro-Hamas sentiment, it’s in our national security interest to ensure foreign nationals seeking to harm our nation are prohibited entry. Those that are already here must be removed.” – Senator Rubio
Senators Bill Cassidy (R-LA), Ted Budd (R-NC), and Rick Scott (R-FL) are original cosponsors.
- “There is no place in America for those who proudly represent terrorist groups and spread hate and violence.” – Senator Cassidy
- “Anyone who endorses or supports terrorist activity has no business being in this country. As terrorist groups like Hamas and Hezbollah have redoubled their efforts to attack Israelis and Americans, Senator Rubio’s bill could not be any more timely or critical.” – Senator Budd
- “We’ve seen the complete evil and destruction displayed by Iran-backed Hamas terrorists in Israel over the past few weeks – killing thousands of people, beheading babies, raping young women. Our Terrorist Inadmissibility Codification Act makes it clear that terrorists, or those who have supported or encouraged terrorist activities, aren’t welcome on U.S. soil. The United States is facing more and more threats from around the world from evil regimes and those who want to destroy our way of life, and protecting our nation’s homeland and Americans’ safety should be a top priority.” – Senator Scott
U.S. Representative August Pfluger (R-TX) will introduce companion legislation in the House.
- “It is appalling to see thousands of people across the United States openly supporting the Hamas terrorists who waged a brutal war on Israeli citizens. I am proud to lead legislation with Senator Rubio to ensure that no person who supports terrorism or who has connections to terrorist affiliates is granted entry into the United States. President Biden must take immediate action to ensure our borders are secure from those wishing harm against Americans.” – Congressman Pfluger
Looking forward … Senator Rubio will continue his efforts of defending our nation’s national security by reintroducing the Preventing Recognition of Terrorist Act to designate the Taliban as a FTO.
Want more information?