Mexican tomato exporters are conducting unfair trade practices and dumping tomatoes into the U.S. market, despite the 2019 Tomato Suspension Agreement. This is forcing American tomato farmers out of business and destroying the domestic tomato industry. U.S....
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s (R-FL) office will host in-person and virtual Mobile Office Hours next week to assist constituents with federal casework issues in their respective local communities. These office hours offer constituents who do not live close to one of...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) habló con Nio Encendio de Maxima 92.5 de Tampa Bay, sobre cómo la inflación ha impactado a las familias, sobre las olas de migración ilegal, sobre el juicio político de Biden vs. el de Trump, sobre el canje de prisioneros...
This year alone, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has encountered an estimated 40,000 Chinese nationals along the U.S. northern and southern border. The Biden Administration has left the border wide open, allowing potential spies from the Chinese Communist...
Gotion, Inc., a Chinese company and U.S. subsidiary of Guoxuan High-Tech, announced a lithium battery plant in Illinois that is expected to open next year. This CCP-tied battery company is expected to benefit from green-energy tax breaks under the Democrats’ Inflation...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) joined National Public Radio’s All Things Considered to discuss his plan to expand the child tax credit for working families. See below for the full transcript and listen to the edited interview here. On the connection between the child...
WTAS: Rubio Supports Rail Workers, Shifts Debate
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) released a statement calling on the Biden Administration, freight rail industry, and labor unions to return to the negotiating table instead of asking Congress to impose a heavy-handed deal on the hardworking men and women of the rail industry.
See highlights below.
Sohrab Ahmari, Founder and Editor, Compact Magazine (Twitter)
- Boom. @marcorubio continues to walk the walk on pro-labor politics, unlike nearly all other GOP aspirants who claim to speak for the “multiracial working class.”
Oren Cass, Executive Director, American Compass (Twitter)
- Still not clear to me why President Biden thinks an industry as profitable as the railroads needs federal protection from its workers. But glad to see @marcorubio making the case for a pro-worker settlement.
Allan Smith, Political Reporter, NBC News (Twitter)
- As some in the GOP seek to realign the party re: it’s relationship with corporate America, it’s conceivable that some other Republicans may take Rubio’s position.
Sam Stein, Deputy Managing Editor, Politico (Twitter)
- Rubio also endorsed the Amazon union drive in Alabama
Oliver Knox, Reporter, Washington Post (Twitter)
- … Also recall Rubio partnered w/ Sherrod Brown in seeking probe into Amazon labor practices
Nick Riccardi, Reporter, Associated Press (Twitter)
- You can feel tectonic plates slowly shifting beneath the US political system, only q is when the next earthquake is
Jim Stinson, Freelance Reporter (Twitter)
- Rubio is probably the best Republican on blue-collar policy after Trump. Maybe better than Trump.
Danny Rivero, Reporter, WLRN (Twitter)
- Rubio is currently to the left of Biden on this one labor issue, despite Biden saying he would be the most pro-labor president in US history. Also worth remembering Rubio strongly supported the push to unionize Amazon warehouse in Alabama last year.
Zaid Jilani, Solutions Reporter, NewsNation (Twitter)
- Last year Rubio was the only Senate Republican to support union drive at Amazon warehouses in Alabama.
Joseph Zeballos-Roig, Domestic Policy Reporter, Semafor (Twitter)
- Rubio is outflanking Biden and hitting him from the left on a labor issue, setting up a very unusual dynamic as the WH urges Congress to avert a rail strike.