Vice Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Marco Rubio (R-FL) delivered opening remarks and questioned witnesses at a hearing on countering China’s influence in the United States. Watch Rubio’s opening remarks here as well as Part I and Part II of...
Approximately 302,000 Americans live with spinal cord injuries. To help these people achieve a better quality of life, there is a need to increase education and invest in research. U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) successfully led a bipartisan...
Foreign investment is one of the legal means that adversaries, like China, can use to collect Americans’ data, exasperating both privacy and national security risks. To counter this, U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Raphael Warnock (D-GA) reintroduced the...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) joined Special Report with Bret Baier to discuss the impending government shutdown, the possibility of a Saudi-Israeli normalization deal, and the indictment of Senator Bob Menendez (D-NJ). See below for highlights and watch the full...
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced three additions to the Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act (UFLPA) Entity List. These are the first additions by the Biden Administration since June. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL), author of the bipartisan...
Congress should think before it regulates AI U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) September 26, 2023 Washington Times To prevent next-generation computer programs from wreaking havoc on American society, [some members of Congress want] to enact comprehensive regulation at...
VIDEO: Rubio to Build off 2019 Victories for Florida in New Year
Miami, FL — U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) released a short video touching on some of his major accomplishments of 2019. A detailed report on Rubio’s 2019 accomplishments will be released in early 2020.
Broadcast quality video can be found here.
In 2018, Rubio released a report called “Fighting for Florida” detailing his legislative accomplishments during the 115th Congress. GovTrack’s non-partisan analysis ranked Rubio 4th out of 100 Senators in both 2017 and 2018 for the number of bills he authored that became law.
- May 30, 2019: The Congressional Management Foundation recognized Senator Rubio as a national leader in constituent services and a winner for the 2019 Democracy Awards.
- In 2019 Rubio’s casework team helped nearly 9,000 Floridians with casework issues.
- December 19, 2019: Rubio secured $200 million for Everglades restoration and a dedicated New Start for the Central Everglades Planning Project.
- Rubio also secured report language for reef restoration through the NOAA Coral Reef Program that provides $29.5 million, which is $2 million above the previous year’s funding level;
- Report language on harmful algal blooms (HAB) that provides $19 million for HAB research and $1 million to establish a new regional pilot for HAB monitoring and detection; and,
- A $1.64 million increase for planning and monitoring activities associated with the Everglades and Florida Keys Coral Reef ecosystems, the second straight year of significant funding increases.
- November 27, 2019: Rubio’s Hong Kong Human Rights and Democracy Act was signed into law by President Donald Trump. The Senate unanimously passed the bill on November 19th, with the House following on November 20th by a vote of 417 to 1, sending the bill directly to President Trump.
- December 19, 2019: Rubio’s Venezuela Emergency Relief, Democracy Assistance, and Development (VERDAD) Act of 2019 was passed by Congress. The legislation included $400 million in humanitarian aid to support Venezuelan refugees and codified crucial sanctions against the corrupt Maduro regime.
- As chairman of the Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship, Senator Rubio named 25 Florida-based small businesses as U.S. Senate Small Business of the Week.
- Oceana Coffee of Tequesta
- Indian Pass Raw Bar of Port St. Joe
- Bailey’s General Store of Sanibel Island
- Caroll Bradford Incorporated of Orlando
- Haynes Security of Miami
- JL Marine Systems, Inc. of Tampa
- Magellan Transport Logistics of Jacksonville
- Hog Technologies of Stuart
- Miami Tour Company of Miami
- Southern Craft Creamery of Marianna
- Sunshine Peanut Company of Jacksonville
- The Big Cheese of Miami
- Rising Tide Car Wash of Parkland
- GT AirInject of Jacksonville
- Royal Furniture and Design of The Keys
- Two Peas Café of La Belle
- Capital Shoe Fixery of Tallahassee
- Levatas of Palm Beach Gardens
- Rethreaded of Jacksonville
- Melao Bakery of Kissimmee
- Mother Kombucha of St. Petersburg
- Amelia Island Kayak Excursions of Fernandina Beach
- Misha’s Cupcakes of Coral Springs
- Tomato Express of Kissimmee
- Granny Cantrell’s Restaurant of Panama City