Mexican tomato exporters are conducting unfair trade practices and dumping tomatoes into the U.S. market, despite the 2019 Tomato Suspension Agreement. This is forcing American tomato farmers out of business and destroying the domestic tomato industry. U.S....
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s (R-FL) office will host in-person and virtual Mobile Office Hours next week to assist constituents with federal casework issues in their respective local communities. These office hours offer constituents who do not live close to one of...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) habló con Nio Encendio de Maxima 92.5 de Tampa Bay, sobre cómo la inflación ha impactado a las familias, sobre las olas de migración ilegal, sobre el juicio político de Biden vs. el de Trump, sobre el canje de prisioneros...
This year alone, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has encountered an estimated 40,000 Chinese nationals along the U.S. northern and southern border. The Biden Administration has left the border wide open, allowing potential spies from the Chinese Communist...
Gotion, Inc., a Chinese company and U.S. subsidiary of Guoxuan High-Tech, announced a lithium battery plant in Illinois that is expected to open next year. This CCP-tied battery company is expected to benefit from green-energy tax breaks under the Democrats’ Inflation...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) joined National Public Radio’s All Things Considered to discuss his plan to expand the child tax credit for working families. See below for the full transcript and listen to the edited interview here. On the connection between the child...
VIDEO: Rubio Meets with Panama City Officials in DC on Disaster Funding, Hurricane Michael Recovery
Washington, D.C. — Today, U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) met with Panama City officials to discuss ongoing issues they are facing in their Hurricane Michael recovery efforts and the urgent need to pass a disaster relief package. Despite devastating Florida’s Panhandle nearly seven months ago, Congress has yet to put politics aside and pass a disaster relief package to help communities recover from Hurricane Michael, and other natural disasters.
This afternoon, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) announced additional Federal grants for the State of Florida associated with Hurricane Michael. Panama City will receive $2.483 million and Gulf Coast Electric Cooperative, Inc. will receive $31.597 million for Emergency Protective Measures.
“It’s shameful that my colleagues have decided to play politics with disaster funding at the expense of survivors in the Panhandle who are still suffering and trying to piece their lives, homes, and communities back together,” Rubio said. “Today, I hosted Panama City officials in D.C., and they reiterated just how dire this situation has become. My message to them and to all Hurricane Michael survivors is that you have not been forgotten. I will continue to make the case to my colleagues that it’s time to put politics aside and do what’s right — it’s time to pass a comprehensive disaster relief package.”
City attendees included: Greg Brudnicki, Mayor, Panama City; Mark McQueen, City Manager, Panama City; and Bill Husfelt, Superintendent, Bay County. Former U.S. Representative Steve Southerland (R-FL) also attended the meeting.
Broadcast quality video of the meeting can be found here.
- April 11, 2019: Rubio, Colleagues Decry Lack of Action on Critical Disaster Aid for Recovering Communities
- April 11, 2019: Rubio: Playing politics with disaster funding, Democrat obstruction hits new low
- April 6, 2019: Rubio’s office urged FEMA to increase the number of approved TSA extensions for Hurricane Michael survivors.
- April 3, 2019: Rubio, Scott Introduce Disaster Opportunity Zones Act to Aid Communities Recovering from Natural Disasters
- April 1, 2019: Rubio: Shameful to Play Politics with Disaster Funding
- March 28, 2019: Rubio Files Amendments to Disaster Supplemental to Increase Aid to Florida Communities
- March 27, 2019: Rubio Highlights Importance of Supporting Aid to Puerto Rico
- March 27, 2019: Rubio, Scott Request TSA Extension from FEMA for Floridians Affected By Hurricane Michael
- March 14, 2019: Rubio Introduces Border Security and Disaster Response Supplemental
- February 26, 2019: Rubio, Colleagues Introduce Major Disaster Relief Package
- February 13, 2019: Rubio, Colleagues Urge Congressional Leadership to Take Prompt Action on Disaster Funding