EE.UU. debería apoyar al presidente electo Milei 10 de diciembre del 2023 La Nación …Milei es un aliado y EE.UU. debería apoyarlo. El presidente Joe Biden debería darle la bienvenida a Milei porque en estos momentos es difícil encontrar aliados en Latinoamérica y el...
Rubio, Gallagher Statement on Biden Admin’s Watered-down Sanctions on Chinese Officials Conducting Genocide
The Biden Administration has been slow to implement sanctions under the Uyghur Human Rights Policy Act, which became law in 2020, and seeks to hold the perpetrators of the Uyghur genocide accountable. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) and U.S. Representative Mike...
In-person Mobile Office Hours Monday, December 11, 2023 Jackson County 9:30am – 11:00am CST UF/IFAS Jackson County Extension 2741 Penn Ave. Suite 3 Marianna, FL 32448 Click Here Pinellas County 1:30pm – 3:00pm EST Pinellas Park Chamber of Commerce 5851 Park...
Foreign adversaries, including China, have significantly increased covert tactics to infiltrate American colleges and K-12 schools. They do this to steal research, spread propaganda, and silence students and academics. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) and...
The criminal Maduro regime issued bogus warrants to arrest members of the Venezuelan opposition, including several campaign staffers working for opposition leader María Corina Machado, who won the opposition’s primary election earlier this year. Last night, Roberto...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) habló con Ninoska Pérez en La Poderosa 670 AM, sobre los grupos en EE.UU. que apoyan la masacre que lidera Hamás contra Israel, sobre los reclamos para un cese de fuego, sobre el arresto de Manuel Rocha y más. Una...
Rubio Wins Fight on Water Project Authorities
The Water Resources Development Act of 2022 (WRDA) contains important authorities secured by U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) to strengthen Florida’s water resources infrastructure.
Earlier this year, Rubio placed a hold on the Senate’s WRDA legislation until several additional Florida water projects were included.
- “This legislation will do much more for Florida’s water infrastructure because of the hard-fought provisions I was proud to secure. These are important projects that will restore the Everglades and mitigate flood risks.
- “I look forward to these provisions becoming law and I will continue to fight for the health and economic viability of Florida’s waterways.” – Senator Rubio
Rubio secured the below provisions as a result of his hold:
- Port Everglades Harbor Widening and Deepening Project. Initially authorized in WRDA 2016, additional environmental assessment and mitigation costs required a modification to the project authority for the harbor deepening and widening to progress. Senator Rubio secured the needed authority.
- Comprehensive Everglades Restoration Plan (CERP) Cost-Share Reform. Rubio’s policy closes a loophole in the CERP cost-share framework to help protect the program from being undermined by unelected bureaucrats who oppose Everglades restoration.
- Comprehensive Central and Southern Florida Study. Thanks to Rubio’s efforts, WRDA explicitly authorizes a comprehensive restudy of the Central and Southern Florida (C&SF) project for flood control. This will be the first comprehensive federal reassessment of the flood control system since 1948.
Looking forward … WRDA passed the House as part of the annual defense bill. The Senate is expected to take up the package next week.
Want more? WRDA contains more than a dozen Rubio-led and Rubio-supported projects, authorizations, and provisions. Click here for a full list.