Vice Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Marco Rubio (R-FL) delivered opening remarks and questioned witnesses at a hearing on countering China’s influence in the United States. Watch Rubio’s opening remarks here as well as Part I and Part II of...
Approximately 302,000 Americans live with spinal cord injuries. To help these people achieve a better quality of life, there is a need to increase education and invest in research. U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) successfully led a bipartisan...
Foreign investment is one of the legal means that adversaries, like China, can use to collect Americans’ data, exasperating both privacy and national security risks. To counter this, U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Raphael Warnock (D-GA) reintroduced the...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) joined Special Report with Bret Baier to discuss the impending government shutdown, the possibility of a Saudi-Israeli normalization deal, and the indictment of Senator Bob Menendez (D-NJ). See below for highlights and watch the full...
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced three additions to the Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act (UFLPA) Entity List. These are the first additions by the Biden Administration since June. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL), author of the bipartisan...
Congress should think before it regulates AI U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) September 26, 2023 Washington Times To prevent next-generation computer programs from wreaking havoc on American society, [some members of Congress want] to enact comprehensive regulation at...
Rubio Statement on Huawei Lawsuit Against the U.S. Government
Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) issued the following statement regarding Huawei’s lawsuit against the U.S. government that alleges Section 889 of the National Defense Authorization Act of 2018, which bans federal agencies from buying Huawei technology, is unconstitutional:
“Huawei is a Chinese state-directed telecom company with a singular goal: undermine foreign competition by stealing trade secrets and intellectual property, and through artificially low prices backed by the Chinese government. The Communist Chinese government poses the greatest, long-term threat to America’s national and economic security. The U.S. must be vigilant in preventing Chinese state-directed telecoms companies, like Huawei, from undermining and endangering critical U.S. systems and infrastructure. That is why Congress recently acted well within our constitutional authority to block Huawei from our telecommunications equipment market due to concerns with the company’s links to China’s intelligence services.”
- March 1, 2019: Rubio, Warner Ask Intelligence Community for Public Report on Chinese Role In Setting 5G Standards
- February 25, 2019: Rubio Joins Cornyn, Colleagues In Urging DHS, DOE To Ban Use of Huawei Technology In U.S. Infrastructure
- February 12, 2019: Rubio Releases Report Outlining China’s Plan for Global Dominance and Why America Must Respond
- January 29, 2019: Warner, Rubio Announce Growing Bipartisan Support To Combat Technology Threats From China
- January 4, 2019: Rubio, Warner Introduce Bipartisan Legislation to Combat Technology Threats from China
- December 20, 2018: Rubio Welcomes Decision By Administration, Allies to Pursue Charges Against Chinese Government Hackers
- December 9, 2018: Video: Rubio: Chinese Companies Are Not Like American Companies
- December 6, 2018: Rubio Statement On Canada’s Arrest of Huawei Executive