EE.UU. debería apoyar al presidente electo Milei 10 de diciembre del 2023 La Nación …Milei es un aliado y EE.UU. debería apoyarlo. El presidente Joe Biden debería darle la bienvenida a Milei porque en estos momentos es difícil encontrar aliados en Latinoamérica y el...
Rubio, Gallagher Statement on Biden Admin’s Watered-down Sanctions on Chinese Officials Conducting Genocide
The Biden Administration has been slow to implement sanctions under the Uyghur Human Rights Policy Act, which became law in 2020, and seeks to hold the perpetrators of the Uyghur genocide accountable. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) and U.S. Representative Mike...
In-person Mobile Office Hours Monday, December 11, 2023 Jackson County 9:30am – 11:00am CST UF/IFAS Jackson County Extension 2741 Penn Ave. Suite 3 Marianna, FL 32448 Click Here Pinellas County 1:30pm – 3:00pm EST Pinellas Park Chamber of Commerce 5851 Park...
Foreign adversaries, including China, have significantly increased covert tactics to infiltrate American colleges and K-12 schools. They do this to steal research, spread propaganda, and silence students and academics. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) and...
The criminal Maduro regime issued bogus warrants to arrest members of the Venezuelan opposition, including several campaign staffers working for opposition leader María Corina Machado, who won the opposition’s primary election earlier this year. Last night, Roberto...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) habló con Ninoska Pérez en La Poderosa 670 AM, sobre los grupos en EE.UU. que apoyan la masacre que lidera Hamás contra Israel, sobre los reclamos para un cese de fuego, sobre el arresto de Manuel Rocha y más. Una...
Rubio, Shaheen Introduce Legislation Targeting Hizballah
Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH), members of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, today introduced the “Hizballah International Financing Prevention Act of 2015,” a bipartisan effort to block the terrorist organization’s financing and limit the group’s access to logistical support.
Responsible for the largest number of American deaths overseas by a terrorist organization, Hizballah has been a dangerous and destabilizing force in the Middle East and around the world for more than three decades, committing countless acts of terrorism, violence and intimidation.
“Backed by its state sponsor Iran, Hizballah continues to threaten the United States, and our allies and interests around the world,” Rubio said. “This bill shines a light on the criminal activities Hizballah engages in to finance its operations and ensures that the United States is doing everything in our power to cut off Hizballah’s financial, media and logistical resources wherever they exist.”
“Hizballah is a terrorist organization that has killed hundreds of U.S. citizens and remains a persistent threat to the United States, our interests, and our allies,” said Shaheen. “With this legislation, we will make sure that we are doing all we can to deny Hizballah the resources it needs to support its activities.”
The Hizballah International Financing Prevention Act of 2015 would:
- Hit Hizballah’s financing by providing the Administration with the tools to pursue foreign banks that knowingly engage in business with Hizballah and its enablers;
- Identify Hizballah’s television station al-Manar’s enablers by requiring the Administration to identify satellite providers that still carry the station and explain why those providers have not been penalized for facilitating its broadcasts;
- Broaden third-country efforts by requiring the President to submit a report to Congress within 90 days detailing the countries where Hizballah maintains financial or logistical support networks, assessing whether the foreign governments are taking adequate steps to root out these networks, and describing Administration engagement to spur greater efforts;
- Require the President to report to Congress within 120 days with a determination of whether Hizballah meets the criteria for designation under the Foreign Narcotics Kingpin Designation Act, calling attention to the role narcotics trafficking networks play in supporting Hizballah financially; and
- Require the President to report to Congress within 120 days with a determination of whether Hizballah meets the criteria of a transnational criminal organization, calling attention to the role money laundering, trafficking in stolen or counterfeit goods, and other criminal activities play in supporting Hizballah financially.