U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) joined The Aaron Renn Show to discuss Rubio’s Labor Day report on working (and non-working) men. See below for highlights and listen to the full interview here. On protecting American jobs and interests: “We made a series of economic...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) debated Senator Chris Coons (D-DE) on China, global leadership, and environmental policy at an event hosted by the Bipartisan Policy Center’s Senate Project at George Washington University. “We have to shape a future that recognizes...
Por Si Se Lo Perdió: Rubio Sobre la Coexistencia de la Inteligencia Artificial Y el Gobierno de EE.UU.
Inteligencia Artificial: El Congreso de EE.UU. debería pensar antes de regular la industria Por: El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio 22 de septiembre del 2023 Diario Las Américas “Es necesario legislar y aprender al mismo tiempo”. Esta broma reciente del senador...
Mexican tomato exporters are conducting unfair trade practices and dumping tomatoes into the U.S. market, despite the 2019 Tomato Suspension Agreement. This is forcing American tomato farmers out of business and destroying the domestic tomato industry. U.S....
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s (R-FL) office will host in-person and virtual Mobile Office Hours next week to assist constituents with federal casework issues in their respective local communities. These office hours offer constituents who do not live close to one of...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) habló con Nio Encendio de Maxima 92.5 de Tampa Bay, sobre cómo la inflación ha impactado a las familias, sobre las olas de migración ilegal, sobre el juicio político de Biden vs. el de Trump, sobre el canje de prisioneros...
Rubio, Scott, Colleagues Introduce Bill to Block Democrats’ IRS Snooping Proposal
Washington, D.C. — U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) joined Senator Tim Scott (R-SC) and Republican colleagues in introducing the Prohibiting IRS Financial Surveillance Act to prevent the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) from implementing Democrats’ plan to give the agency access to the financial transaction information of virtually every American.
“The Biden Administration’s total disregard for privacy should be concerning to every person in this country with a bank account.” Rubio said. “Regular Americans don’t want the IRS spying on their personal financial information, but President Biden and Democrats in Congress seem committed to trying. I will continue to push back against their gross overreach of federal power.”
Click here for a full list of cosponsors and quotes.
- President Biden, Treasury Secretary Yellen, and the IRS are seeking access to every working American’s financial information by requiring financial institutions to report to the IRS withdrawals and deposits for any account with at least $10,000 in inflows or outflows in a given year.
- The Prohibiting IRS Financial Surveillance Act would prohibit the Biden administration’s proposed violation of privacy and federal government overreach.
- Under the Biden reporting regime a family whose monthly expenses total just $833 would still be required to be reported to the IRS.
- Nearly every American, even those below the poverty line, would be subject to this proposed reporting regime.
- The Joint Committee on Taxation has analyzed the proposal and found that it is likely to impact taxpayers in every income bracket, including those making less than $50,000.
- Even Steven Rosenthal at the left-leaning Tax Policy Center concluded the bank reporting requirement proposal would, “in fact, bury the agency in a sea of unproductive information.”