Gotion, Inc., a Chinese company and U.S. subsidiary of Guoxuan High-Tech, announced a lithium battery plant in Illinois that is expected to open next year. This CCP-tied battery company is expected to benefit from green-energy tax breaks under the Democrats’ Inflation...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) joined National Public Radio’s All Things Considered to discuss his plan to expand the child tax credit for working families. See below for the full transcript and listen to the edited interview here. On the connection between the child...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) joined Wake Up America to discuss the U.S. House of Representatives’ impeachment inquiry and the hypocritical reaction by Democrats. See below for highlights and watch the full interview on YouTube and Rumble. On the U.S. House of...
Russia must face severe consequences for its unjustified and unprovoked invasion of Ukraine. Moscow continues to have open access to critical U.S. capital, which fuels Putin and his criminal war machine, through state-controlled and state-owned companies such as...
U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Alex Padilla (D-CA) issued a joint statement condemning Azerbaijan’s unprovoked and unjustified military incursion in the South Caucasus against Armenians under the false pretext of leading an 'anti-terrorist operation' and in...
Vice Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Marco Rubio (R-FL) questioned witnesses at a hearing on the intersection of artificial intelligence (AI) and national security. Witnesses: Dr. Benjamin Jensen, Senior Fellow, CSIS and Professor, Marine...
Rubio’s Extension of National Flood Insurance Program Becomes Law
Miami, FL — U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) welcomed the extension of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), which President Joe Biden signed into law last night as part of the continuing appropriations bill. The funding bill contained Rubio’s NFIP Extension Act of 2021 (S. 2788), which will extend the vital program through December 3, 2021.
“The National Flood Insurance Program is vitally important to Florida, which holds more than one-third of total policies nationwide,” Rubio said. “A lapse in coverage would be devastating for Floridians and people in flood-prone communities across the country. Now, we need to focus on securing long-lasting, bipartisan reforms to ensure flood insurance remains affordable and accessible to Florida families.”
- September 21, 2021: Rubio Introduces Bill to Extend National Flood Insurance Program
- July 18, 2019: Rubio, Menendez, Colleagues Champion Bipartisan Comprehensive Flood Insurance Reform Bill
- May 23, 2019: Rubio, Colleagues Address Needed Long-Term Reforms for National Flood Insurance Program
- December 27, 2018: Rubio Urges OMB To Reverse DHS Guidance On The NFIP During Government Shutdown
- December 21, 2018: Rubio Welcomes Passage of Bill To Extend National Flood Insurance Program
- December 5, 2018: Rubio Introduces Bill to Extend National Flood Insurance Program for 10 Months
- November 28, 2018: Rubio Comments on NFIP Reauthorization
- November 15, 2018: Rubio, Kennedy, Colleagues Introduce Bill to Reauthorize National Flood Insurance Program
- July 31, 2018: Rubio Comments on Senate Reauthorization of National Flood Insurance Program
- July 25, 2018: Rubio on National Flood Insurance Program: We Should Not Hold Floridians Hostage
- July 18, 2018: Rubio Video Statement: We need to extend NFIP now or it will be a disaster for Florida
- July 18, 2018: Rubio in Tampa Bay Times: Congress Needs Long-Term Solution for Flood Insurance Program
- June 21, 2018: Rubio Secures Funding for FEMA Pre-disaster Mitigation and Flood Hazard Mapping and Risk Analysis Programs in Appropriations Bill
- June 13, 2017: Rubio, Menendez, Colleagues Lead Bipartisan Flood Insurance Reform Bill
- June 13, 2017: Rubio in Wall Street Journal: A bipartisan plan for Flood Insurance
- February 28, 2017: Rubio Meets with Florida Legislative Leaders to Discuss Federal-State Issues, Including The National Flood Insurance Program