U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s (R-FL) office will host Mobile Office Hours this week to assist constituents who were affected by Hurricane Idalia. These office hours offer constituents who do not live close to one of Senator Rubio’s eight regional offices a more...
Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Ltd. (CATL), a company directly funded and supported by the Chinese Communist Party, continues to pose national security risks to the United States. This past spring, CATL batteries were installed at Camp Lejeune, North...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s (R-FL) office will host in-person Mobile Office Hours next week to assist constituents with federal casework issues in their respective local communities. These office hours offer constituents who do not live close to one of Senator Rubio’s...
A mysterious respiratory illness is once again spreading in China. Until we know more about what could be a new pathogen, the United States must do everything possible to prevent the illness from reaching our shores. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) and colleagues sent...
Rubio y Colegas a Biden: Prohiba los Viajes Procedentes de China para Evitar la Propagación de Enfermedades Misteriosas
Una misteriosa enfermedad respiratoria se está propagando una vez más en China. Hasta que sepamos más sobre lo que podría ser un nuevo patógeno, EE.UU. debe hacer todo lo posible para evitar que la enfermedad llegue a nuestras costas. El senador estadounidense Marco...
El 21 de diciembre del 2023 expirarán las sanciones del gobierno de EE.UU. contra el narco-dictador venezolano Nicolás Maduro y 150 miembros de su régimen criminal, quienes son responsables de abusos contra los DDHH. del pueblo venezolano. El senador estadounidense...
Rubio, Merkley Reintroduce Bill to Strengthen U.S.-Taiwan Relations
This year, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has continued its efforts to undermine Taiwan’s vibrant democracy and engagement with the world.
U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Jeff Merkley (D-OR) reintroduced the Taiwan Relations Reinforcement Act to update and bolster U.S. policy to support Taiwan amid China’s increased military and diplomatic aggression.
- “The Chinese Communist Party has isolated Taiwan through economic and political coercion. Beijing will stop at nothing with its predatory aggressions against Taiwan. This bipartisan bill is more important than ever as it reinforces our nation’s commitment to our democratic ally, Taiwan, and strengthens our bilateral ties.” – Senator Rubio
- “Taiwan’s democracy is critical to peace and stability in the Indo-Pacific region. The United States’ support for Taiwan’s democracy plays a crucial role in defending that peace. The United States and Taiwan share fundamental values, and we must use diplomatic and economic tools to keep building a robust relationship with Taiwan to advance those values.” – Senator Merkley
Specifically this bill would:
- Create an interagency Taiwan policy task force.
- Elevate the U.S. Representative to Taiwan to a Senate-confirmed position.
- Establish a U.S.-Taiwan Cultural Exchange Foundation.
- Require a report on the Taiwan Travel Act (PL 115-135).
- Promote Taiwan’s meaningful participation in international organizations.
- Mandate strategies to protect U.S. businesses and non-government entities from Chinese government coercion.
- Respond to China’s sharp power operations targeting Taiwan.
Flashback … In June 2023, Senator Rubio introduced Taiwan Peace Through Strength Act to reinforce U.S. support of Taiwan as the island faces the increased threat of a CCP military attack.
Want more information?