Mexican tomato exporters are conducting unfair trade practices and dumping tomatoes into the U.S. market, despite the 2019 Tomato Suspension Agreement. This is forcing American tomato farmers out of business and destroying the domestic tomato industry. U.S....
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s (R-FL) office will host in-person and virtual Mobile Office Hours next week to assist constituents with federal casework issues in their respective local communities. These office hours offer constituents who do not live close to one of...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) habló con Nio Encendio de Maxima 92.5 de Tampa Bay, sobre cómo la inflación ha impactado a las familias, sobre las olas de migración ilegal, sobre el juicio político de Biden vs. el de Trump, sobre el canje de prisioneros...
This year alone, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has encountered an estimated 40,000 Chinese nationals along the U.S. northern and southern border. The Biden Administration has left the border wide open, allowing potential spies from the Chinese Communist...
Gotion, Inc., a Chinese company and U.S. subsidiary of Guoxuan High-Tech, announced a lithium battery plant in Illinois that is expected to open next year. This CCP-tied battery company is expected to benefit from green-energy tax breaks under the Democrats’ Inflation...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) joined National Public Radio’s All Things Considered to discuss his plan to expand the child tax credit for working families. See below for the full transcript and listen to the edited interview here. On the connection between the child...
Rubio Files Amendments to Disaster Supplemental to Increase Aid to Florida Communities
Washington, D.C. — Today, U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) filed four amendments to the disaster supplemental that is currently being considered on the Senate floor. The amendments would increase the amount of aid for Florida communities struggling to recover from Hurricane Michael, which devastated Florida’s panhandle in October 2018.
“Earlier this month, I introduced legislation to secure our southern border and fully fund a disaster response package to help states recover from recent natural disasters, including many communities in Florida devastated by Hurricane Michael,” Rubio said. “These amendments would ensure the current disaster supplemental aid package currently being considered by the Senate fully addresses the critical issues local communities, and our Department of Defense, face to ensure they stay on a path to full recovery.”
Rubio filed four amendments which would:
- Include losses of aquacultured plants and animals as eligible for 2018 Wildfires and Hurricanes Indemnity Program (WHIP) payments. Similar language was included in the Rubio border security and disaster supplemental bill.
- Include the following types of losses as eligible for 2017 WHIP payments: (1) blueberry productivity losses in calendar year 2018 as a result of extreme cold or hurricane damage, (2) milk, (3) aquacultured plants and animals. Similar language was included in the Rubio border security and disaster supplemental bill.
- Limit the period during which certain disasters must have occurred to be eligible for 2018 WHIP payments to the period beginning on January 1, 2018 and ending on the date of the bill’s enactment.
- Increase funding for the Department of Defense to fully account for the needs of Tyndall Air Force Base. In total, the amendment would provide $1.9 billion in funding towards the Department of Defense (excluding Military Construction) for recovery and rebuild efforts related to the to the consequences of Hurricanes Michael and Florence. Of this amount, $1.7 billion for the rebuild of Tyndall Air Force Base.
- Military Personnel $66,952,000
- Operation and Maintenance: $1,683,807,000
- Procurement $130,587,000
- Research, Development, Test and Evaluation $67,728,000
A timeline of Rubio’s actions related to Hurricane Michael is available here.
- March 27, 2019: Rubio, Scott Request TSA Extension from FEMA for Floridians Affected By Hurricane Michael
- March 14, 2019: Rubio Introduces Border Security and Disaster Response Supplemental
- February 26, 2019: Rubio, Colleagues Introduce Major Disaster Relief Package
- February 13, 2019: Rubio, Colleagues Urge Congressional Leadership to Take Prompt Action on Disaster Funding