A U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advisory committee recently determined that phenylephrine, an ingredient commonly used to treat sinus and nasal congestion, is ineffective in treating these symptoms. This was apparent from research for years, yet large...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) habló con César Grajales de La Poderosa 670 AM en El Panorama Político, sobre la crisis fronteriza, sobre cómo los hispanoamericanos se ven afectados con la realidad del país, sobre los cargos contra el senador Bob Menéndez...
Pregnant students are sometimes discriminated against by their schools, either intentionally or unintentionally and there is a concerning lack of awareness about the resources and rights available to them. Due to a lack of services and discrimination, these women may...
Currently, intelligence community civilians are subject to certain tax penalties for job-related relocation requirements, but active-duty military servicemembers are not subjected to the same penalties. These tax benefits, including the ability to deduct moving...
Vice Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Marco Rubio (R-FL) delivered opening remarks and questioned witnesses at a hearing on countering China’s influence in the United States. Watch Rubio’s opening remarks here as well as Part I and Part II of...
Approximately 302,000 Americans live with spinal cord injuries. To help these people achieve a better quality of life, there is a need to increase education and invest in research. U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) successfully led a bipartisan...
Rubio, Donalds Request of Further FEMA Assistance in Wake of Hurricane Ian
On September 28, 2022, Hurricane Ian made landfall on Florida’s west coast. The deadly storm devastated communities, and its effects will be felt for years.
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) and U.S. Representative Byron Donalds (R-FL), along with other members of the Florida delegation, sent a letter to President Joe Biden requesting the President approve 100 percent cost share for eligible expenses until January 19, 2023.
- “More than two months since Ian made landfall, our communities are still reeling. Debris generated by the storm from wrecked houses and infrastructure is still piled high, stretched from southwest to northeast Florida.”
- “Hurricane Ian also caused the catastrophic failure of numerous bridges. The reality on the ground shows that our communities need more time. Lee County is estimated that debris removal could cost $500 million – about half of the county’s annual operating budget.”
- November 2022: Rubio, Scott Urge Biden Administration to Quickly Submit Hurricane Disaster Estimates
- October 2022: Rubio, Scott, and Members of the Florida Delegation Urge USDA to Relieve Florida Farmers Affected by Hurricane Ian
- October 2022: Rubio Leads Florida Delegation in Urging Commerce Department to Declare Disaster in Response to Hurricane Ian
- October 2022: Photos: Rubio Visits Florida Citrus Groves to Discuss Hurricane Ian Recovery
- October 2022: Rubio Requests $33 Billion for Hurricane Ian Recovery
- October 2022: English/Español: Photos: Rubio Joins President and First Lady in Lee County for Briefing Following Hurricane Ian
- September 2022: English/Español: Photos: Rubio Surveys Damage from Hurricane Ian
- September 2022: English/Español: Rubio, Scott Request Disaster Supplemental for Hurricane Ian Recovery