A U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advisory committee recently determined that phenylephrine, an ingredient commonly used to treat sinus and nasal congestion, is ineffective in treating these symptoms. This was apparent from research for years, yet large...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) habló con César Grajales de La Poderosa 670 AM en El Panorama Político, sobre la crisis fronteriza, sobre cómo los hispanoamericanos se ven afectados con la realidad del país, sobre los cargos contra el senador Bob Menéndez...
Pregnant students are sometimes discriminated against by their schools, either intentionally or unintentionally and there is a concerning lack of awareness about the resources and rights available to them. Due to a lack of services and discrimination, these women may...
Currently, intelligence community civilians are subject to certain tax penalties for job-related relocation requirements, but active-duty military servicemembers are not subjected to the same penalties. These tax benefits, including the ability to deduct moving...
Vice Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Marco Rubio (R-FL) delivered opening remarks and questioned witnesses at a hearing on countering China’s influence in the United States. Watch Rubio’s opening remarks here as well as Part I and Part II of...
Approximately 302,000 Americans live with spinal cord injuries. To help these people achieve a better quality of life, there is a need to increase education and invest in research. U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) successfully led a bipartisan...
Rubio Applauds Administration Decision To Reverse DHS Guidance On The NFIP During Government Shutdown
Miami, FL – Today, U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) released a statement applauding the decision by the administration to reverse new guidance issued by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) that prevents the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) from writing or renewing National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) policies during the current government shutdown. Yesterday, Rubio urged the Office of Budget Management (OMB) to reverse this decision.
“I am glad to see commonsense prevail in Washington. When Congress passed legislation last week to keep the NFIP operating until June 2019, our intent was clear. I thank the administration for reversing DHS actions and ensuring Floridians can continue to obtain and maintain flood insurance. I look forward to working with my colleagues to secure a long-term reauthorization of the program and much-needed reforms.”
Timeline of Rubio’s Efforts on the National Flood Insurance Program
- December 27, 2018 – Rubio Urges OMB To Reverse DHS Guidance On The NFIP During Government Shutdown
- December 21, 2018 – Rubio Welcomes Passage of Bill To Extend National Flood Insurance Program
- November 28, 2018 –Rubio Comments on NFIP Reauthorization
- November 15, 2018 – Rubio Introduces Bill to Reauthorize National Flood Insurance Program for Six Months
- July 31, 2018 – Rubio Comments on Senate Reauthorization of National Flood Insurance Program
- July 25, 2018 – Rubio on National Flood Insurance Program: We Should Not Hold Floridians Hostage
- July 18, 2018 – Rubio Video Statement: We need to extend NFIP now or it will be a disaster for Florida
- July 18, 2018 – Rubio in Tampa Bay Times: Congress Needs Long-Term Solution for Flood Insurance Program
- June 21, 2018 – Rubio Secures Funding for FEMA Pre-disaster Mitigation and Flood Hazard Mapping and Risk Analysis Programs in Appropriations Bill
- June 13, 2017 – Rubio, Menendez, Colleagues Lead Bipartisan Flood Insurance Reform Bill
- June 13, 2017 – Rubio in Wall Street Journal: A bipartisan plan for Flood Insurance
- February 28, 2017 – Rubio Meets with Florida Legislative Leaders to Discuss Federal-State Issues, Including The National Flood Insurance Program