El 21 de diciembre del 2023 expirarán las sanciones del gobierno de EE.UU. contra el narco-dictador venezolano Nicolás Maduro y 150 miembros de su régimen criminal, quienes son responsables de abusos contra los DDHH. del pueblo venezolano. El senador estadounidense...
On December 21, 2023, the U.S. government’s sanctions against Venezuela’s narco-dictator Nicolás Maduro, and 150 members of his criminal regime responsible for human rights abuses against the Venezuelan people, will expire. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL)...
En el 2017, el Departamento de Estado de EE.UU. publicó la Lista de Entidades Restringidas de Cuba para prohibir transacciones con entidades afiliadas al Ministerio del Interior (MININT) y/o al Ministerio de las Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias (MINFAR). Tanto el...
In 2017, the U.S. Department of State published the Cuba Restricted Entities List to prohibit transactions with entities affiliated with the Ministry of the Interior (MININT) and/or the Ministry of the Revolutionary Armed Forces (MINFAR), which are responsible for...
More than 500 Biden Administration employees have reportedly signed an open letter urging the president to call for a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas. These employees may be using their roles in the federal government to undercut efforts aimed at supporting Israel....
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s (R-FL) office will host in-person Mobile Office Hours next week to assist constituents with federal casework issues in their respective local communities. These office hours offer constituents who do not live close to one of Senator Rubio’s...
Rubio Applauds Action on Burn Pits Ahead of Pact Act Passage
Washington, D.C. — U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) released a statement ahead of the Senate’s passage of the Honoring Our Promise to Address Comprehensive Toxics (PACT) Act of 2021 (H.R. 3967).
“When young men and women make the choice to dedicate their lives to serving our nation, they rightly expect their country will take care of them when they return home,” Rubio said. “For far too long, our government has failed to deliver on this promise. But today, the Senate will finally pass legislation to provide many veterans the care they desperately need and selflessly earned. It took far too long, but we never gave up on our veterans because they have never given up on our country. I hope the House will quickly pass this bill so President Biden can finally sign it into law.”
The core of the PACT Act includes key provisions from Rubio’s Presumptive Benefits for War Fighters Exposed to Burn Pits and Other Toxins Act (S. 952), which he introduced with Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) last year. Specifically, the bill creates a presumption of service connection for more than 20 categories of diseases and streamlines the process for veterans to obtain benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- March 26, 2021: Rubio, Gillibrand Introduce Landmark Burn Pits Legislation to Help Veterans
- April 13, 2021: ICYMI: Rubio Delivers Bilingual Remarks at Press Conference Announcing Landmark Burn Pits Legislation to Help Veterans
- April 15, 2021: ICYMI: Rubio Joins Greg Kelly on Newsmax to Discuss Burn Pits Legislation
- September 2021: ICYMI: Rubio-Gillibrand: Time to Act on Toxic Burn Pits
- February 1, 2022: Rubio: Veterans Deserve Better Than Half Measures
- February 14, 2022: ICYMI: Rubio: It’s Past Time That Congress Fights for Veterans
- March 3, 2022: House Passes Landmark Burn Pits Bill to Get Veterans Presumptive Benefits
- March 29, 2022: Rubio: Senate Needs to Act on Burn Pits
- April 25, 2022: Rubio Calls VA Burn Pit Actions a Half Measure
- May 18, 2022: Rubio, Gillibrand Praise VA Burn Pit Agreement
- May 27, 2022: ICYMI: Rubio and Gillibrand Call for Passage of Burn Pits Legislation
- June 7, 2022: VIDEO: Rubio Applauds Senate Vote on Burn Pit Legislation – Press Releases