Pregnant students are sometimes discriminated against by their schools, either intentionally or unintentionally and there is a concerning lack of awareness about the resources and rights available to them. Due to a lack of services and discrimination, these women may...
Currently, intelligence community civilians are subject to certain tax penalties for job-related relocation requirements, but active-duty military servicemembers are not subjected to the same penalties. These tax benefits, including the ability to deduct moving...
Vice Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Marco Rubio (R-FL) delivered opening remarks and questioned witnesses at a hearing on countering China’s influence in the United States. Watch Rubio’s opening remarks here as well as Part I and Part II of...
Approximately 302,000 Americans live with spinal cord injuries. To help these people achieve a better quality of life, there is a need to increase education and invest in research. U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) successfully led a bipartisan...
Foreign investment is one of the legal means that adversaries, like China, can use to collect Americans’ data, exasperating both privacy and national security risks. To counter this, U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Raphael Warnock (D-GA) reintroduced the...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) joined Special Report with Bret Baier to discuss the impending government shutdown, the possibility of a Saudi-Israeli normalization deal, and the indictment of Senator Bob Menendez (D-NJ). See below for highlights and watch the full...
Readout of Ivanka Trump, Rubio Child Tax Credit Meeting
Upon U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s invitation, Ivanka Trump joined Republican members of the House and Senate on Capitol Hill today to discuss pro-family tax reform, particularly the Child Tax Credit. The meeting focused on how Congress can best achieve President Trump’s promise to deliver meaningful tax relief to working families. Among the ways to do this, the members discussed:
· Making the Child Tax Credit more meaningful for the working class;
· Eliminating marriage penalties in the tax code; and
· Promoting paid family leave
Senator Rubio was glad to see strong support for pro-family policies that empower parents to make decisions that are best for their children, and he looks forward to working with his congressional colleagues to make tax relief for working families an essential piece of comprehensive tax reform.
Participants included: Senator Mike Lee (R-UT), Senator Joni Ernst (R-IA), Senator Deb Fischer (R-NE), Senator Steve Daines (R-MT), Senator Tim Scott (R-SC), Representative David Schweikert (R-AZ), Representative Trent Franks (R-AZ) and Representative Lamar Smith (R-TX).
Background on Rubio’s efforts on pro-family tax reform:
- Senator Rubio has long supported reforming the Child Tax Credit to be more effective for middle-class families, and was the first Republican presidential candidate to propose a paid family leave plan.
- In 2015, he and Senator Lee proposed a new Child Tax Credit worth $2,500 per child, applicable to total income and payroll tax liability.
- President Trump campaigned on tax relief for working families, and Ivanka Trump has been a leader on making pro-family issues an essential piece of tax reform.
- The meeting between Ivanka Trump and members of Congress demonstrates the momentum for this push.
- Senator Rubio looks forward to working with his congressional colleagues and the Administration to enact meaningful tax relief for working families.
Photos courtesy of Senator Rubio’s office.