Alexei Navalny’s Death Is a Loss for Russia and the World U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) February 21, 2024 Newsweek …For more than 10 years, [Alexei] Navalny openly opposed the Russian dictator, calling out the “crooks and thieves” in the Kremlin who enabled his...
After years of left-leaning governments, the people of Argentina democratically elected President Javier Milei and Vice President Victoria Villarruel. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL), Vice Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, met with President...
Tras años de gobiernos de izquierda, el pueblo de Argentina democráticamente eligió al presidente Javier Milei y la vicepresidenta Victoria Villarruel. El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL), vicepresidente del Comité Selecto de Inteligencia del Senado, se...
Families Deserve Better than Democrats’ Child “Tax Credit” U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) February 20, 2024 National Review The child tax credit (CTC) has been a pillar of conservative, pro-family policy for almost 30 years…. But today, Republicans are poised to undo...
TikTok, a social media app controlled by the Chinese Communist Party, is a national security risk to the United States. Republicans and Democrats in Congress, the U.S. Department of Defense, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and President Joe Biden’s White House...
On July 18, 1994, Iranian-backed Hezbollah mercenaries carried out a brutal terrorist attack against the Asociación Mutual Israelita Argentina (AMIA) Building in Buenos Aires. The hateful terrorist attack killed 85 and injured hundreds of civilians. U.S....
Key Rubio Provisions Included in Agriculture Appropriations Bill
Washington, D.C. – The Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration and Related Agencies today approved their FY2019 Appropriations Bill, which included key provisions advanced by U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) that would fund agriculture and medical research in Florida. The bill is scheduled to be considered by the full committee on Thursday.
“As a member of the Agriculture subcommittee, I am pleased this bill includes funding for critical research for citrus and specialty crops that will support Florida agriculture,” said Rubio. “I am committed to ensuring that Florida continues to receive the funding it needs for these important programs.”
Rubio provisions included the Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration and Related Agencies Appropriations Bill:
- Matching record high funding levels for citrus disease research
- Report language highlighting the continued need for Citrus Greening Disease Research, Citrus Health Response Program, Huanglongbing Emergency Response, Huanglongbing Multi-Agency Coordination, and the Citrus Disease Research Program
- $2 million in directed funding for marine aquaculture seedstock development research
- Instruction to the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) to continue conducting a study on the disparate and discriminatory impacts of the current Agricultural Quarantine Inspection Treatment Monitoring Fee structure on ports in Florida
- $11.913 million for the Minor Crop Pest Management (1R-4) program
- $1.3 billion for Agriculture Research Service funding
- Maintaining Floriculture and Nursery Research Initiative funding levels and dedicated funding for a new Floriculture crops report
- Report language to reduce red tape keeping high quality and nutritious ingredients from being used in innovative ways in school meals
- Report language to establish virtual clinical trials to make it easier to enroll patients
- $20 million for the FDA’s Cancer Center of Excellence
- Two sections of report language that are high priorities for the Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy groups – patient experience in drug trials and expertise on drug review panels
- Report language and funding to prevent the illegal importation of opioids and to establish policies to ensure those that need prescription opioids have access to them.