Vice Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Marco Rubio (R-FL) delivered opening remarks and questioned witnesses at a hearing on countering China’s influence in the United States. Watch Rubio’s opening remarks here as well as Part I and Part II of...
Approximately 302,000 Americans live with spinal cord injuries. To help these people achieve a better quality of life, there is a need to increase education and invest in research. U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) successfully led a bipartisan...
Foreign investment is one of the legal means that adversaries, like China, can use to collect Americans’ data, exasperating both privacy and national security risks. To counter this, U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Raphael Warnock (D-GA) reintroduced the...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) joined Special Report with Bret Baier to discuss the impending government shutdown, the possibility of a Saudi-Israeli normalization deal, and the indictment of Senator Bob Menendez (D-NJ). See below for highlights and watch the full...
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced three additions to the Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act (UFLPA) Entity List. These are the first additions by the Biden Administration since June. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL), author of the bipartisan...
Congress should think before it regulates AI U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) September 26, 2023 Washington Times To prevent next-generation computer programs from wreaking havoc on American society, [some members of Congress want] to enact comprehensive regulation at...
ICYMI: Rubio Pitches Pro-Family Policy in Harvard Legal Journal
In the article, Rubio defends the centrality of the family to America’s national welfare, exposes how government policies have undermined the family, and pitches pro-family solutions at the federal level.
- “America will not succeed in [the] contest [with the Chinese Communist Party] unless Americans have something worth fighting for. Historically, that something has been the opportunity to live a good life and form strong families. Unless a superior alternative comes our way, our best hope is to revive that opportunity for ordinary men and women.”
- “[T]here is nothing wrong with trying to inject new life into the American Dream through public policy that strengthens the family unit. Indeed, it is the obligation of responsible lawmakers to do so. That dream must not be left behind in one historical period, if for no other reason than that its resurrection is crucial to restoring hope and optimism to the American public in this challenging time.” – Senator Rubio
Policy proposals mentioned in the article include:
- Create stabler, higher-paying jobs through targeted industrial policy
- Eliminate marriage penalties in the federal tax code
- Further expand the federal child tax credit
- Enable paid parental leave through existing Social Security funds
- Reform the federal child care benefit system to put single-earner households on the same playing field as dual-income households
Want more information? Read more:
- June 23, 2023: ICYMI: Rubio Reflects on One Year of Dobbs
- January 25, 2023: Rubio Releases Pro-family Agenda for the 118th Congress
- January 3, 2023: ICYMI: Rubio Reveals His Plan for American Renewal
- September 2022: Rubio Introduces Pro-family Plan for a “Post-Roe” America