El ex-presidente ecuatoriano Rafael Correa difunde activamente retórica antiamericana y altera las instituciones democráticas de su país para su propio beneficio. Correa ha sido condenado por corrupción por parte de la Corte Nacional de Justicia de Ecuador. Los...
Former Ecuadorian President Rafael Correa actively spreads anti-American rhetoric and tampers with his homeland’s democratic institutions for his own benefit. Correa has been convicted of corruption by Ecuador’s National Court of Justice. U.S. Senators Marco Rubio...
A U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advisory committee recently determined that phenylephrine, an ingredient commonly used to treat sinus and nasal congestion, is ineffective in treating these symptoms. This was apparent from research for years, yet large...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) habló con César Grajales de La Poderosa 670 AM en El Panorama Político, sobre la crisis fronteriza, sobre cómo los hispanoamericanos se ven afectados con la realidad del país, sobre los cargos contra el senador Bob Menéndez...
Pregnant students are sometimes discriminated against by their schools, either intentionally or unintentionally and there is a concerning lack of awareness about the resources and rights available to them. Due to a lack of services and discrimination, these women may...
Currently, intelligence community civilians are subject to certain tax penalties for job-related relocation requirements, but active-duty military servicemembers are not subjected to the same penalties. These tax benefits, including the ability to deduct moving...
FEC Responds to Rubio, Notes Value of Credit Card Verification
ActBlue, a major fundraiser for the Democratic Party, does not require a card verification value (CVV) number for online donations. Requiring a CVV number as a condition of making an online transaction is standard practice across the e-commerce industry to reduce fraud and prevent unlawful foreign transactions.
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) sent a letter to the Federal Election Commission (FEC) demanding the agency investigate alarming reports of widespread fraudulent donations by ActBlue.
Responding to Rubio, the FEC noted the value of CVV numbers in the response.
- “Similarly, in Advisory Opinion 2007-30 (Chris Dodd for President, Inc.), the Commission approved a requester’s proposed use of credit card security codes to verify the contributor’s physical possession of the credit card as part of its alternative verification process to meet the requirements for matchable contributions under the Presidential Primary Matching Payment Account Act.”
Following the FEC’s response, Rubio reiterated his calls for Congress to pass his Codification of Verified Values (CVV) Act (S. 491).
“We’ve seen alarming reports of fraudulent donations being reported to the FEC by ActBlue. Cracking down on credit card fraud and foreign political donations used to be a bipartisan idea. This is a common-sense reform that should pass by unanimous consent. If not, those in opposition should be forced to explain why they support allowing foreign money into U.S. elections.” – Senator Rubio
Want more information?
- April 2023: Rubio Demands Answers From FEC On Potential ActBlue Fraudulent Donations
- February 2023: Rubio Reintroduces Codification of Verified Values (CVV) Act
- September 2022: Rubio: Senate Democrats Should Say No to Foreign Donations
- August 2022: Rubio to Introduce Bill Fixing Foreign Donation Loophole Exploited by ActBlue