Mexican tomato exporters are conducting unfair trade practices and dumping tomatoes into the U.S. market, despite the 2019 Tomato Suspension Agreement. This is forcing American tomato farmers out of business and destroying the domestic tomato industry. U.S....
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s (R-FL) office will host in-person and virtual Mobile Office Hours next week to assist constituents with federal casework issues in their respective local communities. These office hours offer constituents who do not live close to one of...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) habló con Nio Encendio de Maxima 92.5 de Tampa Bay, sobre cómo la inflación ha impactado a las familias, sobre las olas de migración ilegal, sobre el juicio político de Biden vs. el de Trump, sobre el canje de prisioneros...
This year alone, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has encountered an estimated 40,000 Chinese nationals along the U.S. northern and southern border. The Biden Administration has left the border wide open, allowing potential spies from the Chinese Communist...
Gotion, Inc., a Chinese company and U.S. subsidiary of Guoxuan High-Tech, announced a lithium battery plant in Illinois that is expected to open next year. This CCP-tied battery company is expected to benefit from green-energy tax breaks under the Democrats’ Inflation...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) joined National Public Radio’s All Things Considered to discuss his plan to expand the child tax credit for working families. See below for the full transcript and listen to the edited interview here. On the connection between the child...
FEC Responds to Rubio, Notes Value of Credit Card Verification
ActBlue, a major fundraiser for the Democratic Party, does not require a card verification value (CVV) number for online donations. Requiring a CVV number as a condition of making an online transaction is standard practice across the e-commerce industry to reduce fraud and prevent unlawful foreign transactions.
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) sent a letter to the Federal Election Commission (FEC) demanding the agency investigate alarming reports of widespread fraudulent donations by ActBlue.
Responding to Rubio, the FEC noted the value of CVV numbers in the response.
- “Similarly, in Advisory Opinion 2007-30 (Chris Dodd for President, Inc.), the Commission approved a requester’s proposed use of credit card security codes to verify the contributor’s physical possession of the credit card as part of its alternative verification process to meet the requirements for matchable contributions under the Presidential Primary Matching Payment Account Act.”
Following the FEC’s response, Rubio reiterated his calls for Congress to pass his Codification of Verified Values (CVV) Act (S. 491).
“We’ve seen alarming reports of fraudulent donations being reported to the FEC by ActBlue. Cracking down on credit card fraud and foreign political donations used to be a bipartisan idea. This is a common-sense reform that should pass by unanimous consent. If not, those in opposition should be forced to explain why they support allowing foreign money into U.S. elections.” – Senator Rubio
Want more information?
- April 2023: Rubio Demands Answers From FEC On Potential ActBlue Fraudulent Donations
- February 2023: Rubio Reintroduces Codification of Verified Values (CVV) Act
- September 2022: Rubio: Senate Democrats Should Say No to Foreign Donations
- August 2022: Rubio to Introduce Bill Fixing Foreign Donation Loophole Exploited by ActBlue