El ex-presidente ecuatoriano Rafael Correa difunde activamente retórica antiamericana y altera las instituciones democráticas de su país para su propio beneficio. Correa ha sido condenado por corrupción por parte de la Corte Nacional de Justicia de Ecuador. Los...
Former Ecuadorian President Rafael Correa actively spreads anti-American rhetoric and tampers with his homeland’s democratic institutions for his own benefit. Correa has been convicted of corruption by Ecuador’s National Court of Justice. U.S. Senators Marco Rubio...
A U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advisory committee recently determined that phenylephrine, an ingredient commonly used to treat sinus and nasal congestion, is ineffective in treating these symptoms. This was apparent from research for years, yet large...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) habló con César Grajales de La Poderosa 670 AM en El Panorama Político, sobre la crisis fronteriza, sobre cómo los hispanoamericanos se ven afectados con la realidad del país, sobre los cargos contra el senador Bob Menéndez...
Pregnant students are sometimes discriminated against by their schools, either intentionally or unintentionally and there is a concerning lack of awareness about the resources and rights available to them. Due to a lack of services and discrimination, these women may...
Currently, intelligence community civilians are subject to certain tax penalties for job-related relocation requirements, but active-duty military servicemembers are not subjected to the same penalties. These tax benefits, including the ability to deduct moving...
Ahead of the March for Life, Rubio Protects Sanctity of Life
Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) introduced the Child Interstate Abortion Notification Act (CIANA) and co-sponsored six pieces of legislation which commit to protecting the sanctity of life.
“There is no human right more fundamental and more sacred than the right to life. Every single human being is entitled to the protection of our laws from the beginning of life to the end. Every year, scores of men and women of all ages visit our nation’s capital to peacefully march for the rights of people who cannot speak for themselves, countless babies who have yet to be, or will never be born. Sadly, since the Supreme Court’s erroneous Roe v. Wade decision in 1973, the lives of roughly 60 million babies have been terminated, denying them the right to life. I pray, and stand with those gathering in Washington this week, that the right to life for every human will one day be respected.”
Rubio Sponsored Legislation
- Child Interstate Abortion Notification Act (CIANA)
- Legislation that would make it a federal crime to knowingly transport a minor, without parental involvement, to another state for an abortion.
Rubio Co-sponsored Legislation
- Born Alive Survivors Protection Act
- Legislation which extends legal protection to an infant born alive after a failed attempt at induced abortion.
- Title X Abortion Provider Prohibition Act
- Legislation which amends the Public Health Service Act to permit the Department of Health and Human Service (HHS) to provide federal family planning grants only to entities that certify that, during the period of the grant, they will not perform abortions or provide funds to entities that perform abortions.
- No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure Act of 2019
- Legislation which makes permanent the prohibition on the use of federal funds for abortion or health coverage that includes abortion.
- Protect Funding for Women’s Health Care Act
- Legislation which prohibits Federal funding of Planned Parenthood Federation of America.
- Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act
- This bill amends the federal criminal code to make it a crime for any person to perform or attempt to perform an abortion if the probable post-fertilization age of the fetus is 20 weeks or more.
- Protecting Life in Global Health Assistance Act of 2019
- This bill amends the Foreign Assistance Act to ensure no funds are made available to nonprofits, foreign NGOs that perform abortions, counsel for abortion, or lobby for pro-abortion policies or expanded access to abortion in foreign countries.