El Salvador is a bright spot. It can become even brighter U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) February 23, 2024 Informe Orwell I made my first official visit to El Salvador in March 2023. What I saw was remarkable: under President Nayib Bukele, one of the world’s most...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s (R-FL) office will host in-person Mobile Office Hours next week to assist constituents with federal casework issues in their respective local communities. These office hours offer constituents who do not live close to one of Senator Rubio’s...
El Salvador es un punto de optimismo en nuestra región 23 de febrero del 2024 Informe Orwell En marzo del 2023 hice mi primera visita oficial a El Salvador. Es notable resaltar que bajo el gobierno del presidente Nayib Bukele, uno de los países más peligrosos del...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) viajó a Asunción, Paraguay en una visita oficial. Durante su viaje, Rubio se reunió con el embajador de Taiwán en Paraguay, José Han, y reafirmó su apoyo inquebrantable a Taiwán. Paraguay es actualmente el último país en...
RUBIO MEETS WITH TAIWANESE AMBASSADOR TO PARAGUAY, JOSÉ HAN U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) traveled to Asunción, Paraguay on an official visit. During his trip, Rubio met with Taiwanese Ambassador to Paraguay José Han and reaffirmed his unwavering support of...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) viajó a Asunción, Paraguay en una visita oficial. Durante su viaje, Rubio se reunió con el presidente Santiago Peña para hablar sobre los desafíos regionales que enfrentan tanto EE.UU. como Paraguay, la importancia de...
Rubio Introduces Bill to Close Confucius Institutes Loophole
Confucius Institutes continue to pose a threat to the American people as the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) uses colleges and universities to influence higher education in our nation. Earlier this year, the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) announced the creation of a Confucius Institute Waiver Program (CIWP) that will be responsible for approving or denying waiver applications from any U.S. college that hosts a Confucius Institute.
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) presentó la ley No Federal Funding for CCP Spying and Persuasion In Education Settings (SPIES) Act. The bill closes the CIWP loophole and prohibits any DoD funding for colleges that host Confucius Institutes. The legislation also prohibits DoD funding for international institutions of higher education that host Confucius Institutes.
“U.S. taxpayer dollars should not be benefiting the CCP and its murderous regime. Confucius Institutes, which are directed by Beijing, have plagued college campuses in our nation with the CCP’s propaganda. There is no reason why the DoD should support these institutes.” – Senator Rubio
Congressman Jim Banks (R-IN) introduced companion legislation in the House of Representatives.
“There is no situation where we should make it easier for the Chinese Communist Party to spy on our universities. Safeguarding American research by ensuring no DOD funds go to universities with Confucius Institutes is common sense and vital to our national security.” – Congressman Banks
¿Quiere más información?
- March 2022: Rubio Joins Blackburn and Colleagues in Introducing Bill to Ensure Confucius Institutes Abide by Standards of Transparency
- February 2022: Rubio Calls for End to U.S-China University Partnerships that Support the Development of Chinese Military Technologies
- February 2021: Rubio Joins Romney, Grassley, Portman in Urging President Biden to Implement Rule on Confucius Institutes
- October 2020: Rubio Joins Colleagues Urging the College Board to Reevaluate Its Relationship With the CCP’s Confucius Institutes
- Mayo del 2019 Rubio Applauds DOD Decision to Deny Funds to American Universities that Have Agreements with Chinese Run Confucius Institutes
- March 2018: Rubio Urges Senate to Tighten Federal Funding for U.S. Schools with Confucius Institutes
- May 2018: Rubio Challenges Florida Schools with Confucius Institutes to Hold Open Discussions on Issues “Too Sensitive” for Chinese Government