U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) joined Special Report with Bret Baier to discuss the impending government shutdown, the possibility of a Saudi-Israeli normalization deal, and the indictment of Senator Bob Menendez (D-NJ). See below for highlights and watch the full...
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced three additions to the Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act (UFLPA) Entity List. These are the first additions by the Biden Administration since June. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL), author of the bipartisan...
Congress should think before it regulates AI U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) September 26, 2023 Washington Times To prevent next-generation computer programs from wreaking havoc on American society, [some members of Congress want] to enact comprehensive regulation at...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) joined The Aaron Renn Show to discuss Rubio’s Labor Day report on working (and non-working) men. See below for highlights and listen to the full interview here. On protecting American jobs and interests: “We made a series of economic...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) debated Senator Chris Coons (D-DE) on China, global leadership, and environmental policy at an event hosted by the Bipartisan Policy Center’s Senate Project at George Washington University. “We have to shape a future that recognizes...
Por Si Se Lo Perdió: Rubio Sobre la Coexistencia de la Inteligencia Artificial Y el Gobierno de EE.UU.
Inteligencia Artificial: El Congreso de EE.UU. debería pensar antes de regular la industria Por: El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio 22 de septiembre del 2023 Diario Las Américas “Es necesario legislar y aprender al mismo tiempo”. Esta broma reciente del senador...
WTAS: Rubio’s Woke Military Report Receives Widespread Coverage
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) and U.S. Representative Chip Roy (R-TX) released a report detailing how the Pentagon is pushing critical race theory, sex reassignment procedures, and identity politics instead of focusing on bolstering our military and tackling the threats facing our nation. See press highlights below.
Fox News: “Pentagon promotes critical race theory, gender identity ‘insanity’: GOP report” (Patrick Hauf, Fox News, 11/21/2022)
- The report from Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., and Rep. Chip Roy, R-Texas, details how the military has allocated resources to root out extremism within its ranks as it promotes predominantly left-wing ideas on race and gender. This includes documentation on how military employees promoted critical race theory …. Rubio said these race-based initiatives are a distraction and danger to American security.
- “Rather than making the case for American greatness and protecting our nation, the military is parroting woke nonsense,” Rubio told Fox News Digital. “It’s dumb, it doesn’t work, and it’s dangerous. We need to spend more time thinking about how to counter Chinese aircraft carriers and less time thinking about pronouns.”
The Epoch Times: “‘Woke Warfighters’: GOP Report Says Leftist Ideology, Gender ‘Insanity’ Weakening America’s Military” (Naveen Athrappully, The Epoch Times, 11/21/2022)
- Republican lawmakers have decried the Biden administration for policies that they say are weakening America’s military through leftist indoctrination and “woke” ideological posturing to appease “Ivy League faculty lounges or progressive pundits.”
- Rubio and Roy pointed out that the U.S. military has historically not accepted candidates who do not meet certain physical and mental criteria, and some of the disqualifying conditions include allergies to peanuts or gluten, learning disorders, acute depression or anxiety, and skin diseases like eczema and psoriasis.
American Military News: “Rubio, Roy release ‘Woke Military’ investigative report” (Ryan Morgan, American Military News, 11/22/2022)
- Rubio and Roy’s report notes how the military has brought on diversity specialists — like Pentagon diversity advisor Bishop Garrison and Department of Defense Education Activity (DODEA) Chief Diversity Equity and Inclusivity Officer Kelisa Wing — who have made both racially and politically charged comments….
- The Rubio and Roy report further describes how U.S. military service academies have implemented “Critical Race Theory” and academy leaders have instructed their students to read “How to Be an Antiracist,” a book that promotes the idea that “the only remedy to past discrimination is present discrimination.”
New York Post: “‘Woke warfighters’: GOP report claims Biden admin, Pentagon policies weakening military” (Caitlin Doornbos, New York Post, 11/21/2022)
- Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) argued in the 18-page document Monday that the White House’s “sustained assault fueled by woke virtue signaling” is “eroding our greatest source of security” in the world.
- “Our military’s singular purpose is to ‘provide for the common defense’ of our nation. It cannot be turned into a left-wing social experiment,” Rubio and Roy wrote. “… It cannot be paralyzed by fear of offending the sensibilities of Ivy League faculty lounges or progressive pundits.”
- In a statement unveiling the report, Rubio said the military “parroting woke nonsense” was “dumb” and “dangerous.”
The Daily Wire: “Woke Leadership Is Gutting U.S. Military Through DEI, Trans Policies, GOP Report Says” (Tim Pearce, The Daily Wire, 11/21/2022)
- According to Rubio and Roy, the military has lowered its standards for health and fitness to allow transgender people and those diagnosed with gender dysphoria into the ranks of the military. The process began under former President Barack Obama, was reversed under former President Donald Trump, and reinstated under Biden.
The Daily Signal: “Lawmakers Slam Pentagon for Funding CRT, Gender Ideology Training” (Casey Harper, The Daily Signal, 11/21/2022)
- The report, commissioned by Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., and Rep. Chip Roy, R-Texas, lays out a series of examples of liberal racial and gender ideology permeating military training, policies, and leadership…. Rubio argued this focus is a distraction for the nation’s armed services.
Daily Caller: “‘Left Wing Social Experiment’: GOP Report Alleges CRT And Gender Dogma Weaken The US Military” (Micaela Burrow, Daily Caller, 11/21/2022)
- The report, produced by Florida Republican Sen. Marco Rubio and Texas Republican Rep. Chip Roy, argues that the Department of Defense has shoehorned critical race theory and gender identity dogma into the U.S. military at all levels of training and operations. The Pentagon’s emphasis on race and gender not only conflicts with American values of freedom and equality, but cripples the military’s ability to respond to the global security threats facing the U.S. today, the report claims.