Vice Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Marco Rubio (R-FL) delivered opening remarks and questioned witnesses at a hearing on countering China’s influence in the United States. Watch Rubio’s opening remarks here as well as Part I and Part II of...
Approximately 302,000 Americans live with spinal cord injuries. To help these people achieve a better quality of life, there is a need to increase education and invest in research. U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) successfully led a bipartisan...
Foreign investment is one of the legal means that adversaries, like China, can use to collect Americans’ data, exasperating both privacy and national security risks. To counter this, U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Raphael Warnock (D-GA) reintroduced the...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) joined Special Report with Bret Baier to discuss the impending government shutdown, the possibility of a Saudi-Israeli normalization deal, and the indictment of Senator Bob Menendez (D-NJ). See below for highlights and watch the full...
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced three additions to the Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act (UFLPA) Entity List. These are the first additions by the Biden Administration since June. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL), author of the bipartisan...
Congress should think before it regulates AI U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) September 26, 2023 Washington Times To prevent next-generation computer programs from wreaking havoc on American society, [some members of Congress want] to enact comprehensive regulation at...
Video: Rubio Delivers Results
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) released a video recapping his 2022 legislative accomplishments on behalf of Floridians and the nation. Twelve Rubio bills became law this year, including legislation to provide health care to veterans suffering from exposure to toxic burn pits and a bill to address harmful algal blooms in South Florida.
- “Under the leadership of President Biden, our country continues to be in trouble. Everything costs more, our southern border is in a state of chaos, and woke policies continue to infiltrate our military and schools.
- “But despite all of the craziness in Washington, I delivered real results for Florida’s families and the nation. As we look ahead to 2023, I am confident that common sense will ultimately win out over chaos and insanity.” – Senator Rubio
Looking forward … Rubio will soon release a report detailing his legislative accomplishments over the past six years and a blueprint for his third term.
Key 2022 highlights from the forthcoming report:
Constituent Service. Senator Rubio’s award-winning federal casework team helped nearly 83,000 Floridians over the past six years. In 2022, constituent services closed over 20,000 new cases. The case subjects ranged from Social Security and Medicare to veterans benefits and passport services.
New Laws. Senator Rubio authored dozens of laws over the past six years, including the expansion of the child tax credit, the VA Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act, the Central Everglades Planning Project (CEPP), the Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act, numerous bills on Latin America and China, and the historic Paycheck Protection Program.
Below is a partial list from 2022:
- Honoring Our Promise to Address Comprehensive Toxics (PACT) Act
- South Florida Clean Coastal Waters Act
- Restoring Resilient Reefs Act
- Protecting Critical Ecosystems and Military Readiness in Florida Act
- Strengthening Supply Chains for Servicemembers and Security Act
- CRACK Act
- Ukraine Annexation Non-Recognition Act
- United States Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) Reauthorization Act
- Free Vets from Fees Act
- SBA Cyber Awareness Act
- Small Business Cyber Training Act
- Andrew K. Baker Department of Veterans Affairs Clinic
- Judge Joseph Woodrow Hatchett Courthouse