El ex-presidente ecuatoriano Rafael Correa difunde activamente retórica antiamericana y altera las instituciones democráticas de su país para su propio beneficio. Correa ha sido condenado por corrupción por parte de la Corte Nacional de Justicia de Ecuador. Los...
Former Ecuadorian President Rafael Correa actively spreads anti-American rhetoric and tampers with his homeland’s democratic institutions for his own benefit. Correa has been convicted of corruption by Ecuador’s National Court of Justice. U.S. Senators Marco Rubio...
A U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advisory committee recently determined that phenylephrine, an ingredient commonly used to treat sinus and nasal congestion, is ineffective in treating these symptoms. This was apparent from research for years, yet large...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) habló con César Grajales de La Poderosa 670 AM en El Panorama Político, sobre la crisis fronteriza, sobre cómo los hispanoamericanos se ven afectados con la realidad del país, sobre los cargos contra el senador Bob Menéndez...
Pregnant students are sometimes discriminated against by their schools, either intentionally or unintentionally and there is a concerning lack of awareness about the resources and rights available to them. Due to a lack of services and discrimination, these women may...
Currently, intelligence community civilians are subject to certain tax penalties for job-related relocation requirements, but active-duty military servicemembers are not subjected to the same penalties. These tax benefits, including the ability to deduct moving...
Rubio Urges Swift House Action on Senate Passed Disaster Bill
Washington, D.C. ? Today, U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) applauded Senate passage of a disaster supplemental that will provide much-needed funds to Florida’s Northwest communities, which were devastated by Hurricane Michael more than seven months ago. With Senate passage, Rubio urged the U.S. House of Representatives to swiftly approve the long overdue disaster relief package, and send the measure to the president for signature. The funding will allow the Air Force to continue to its rebuild of Tyndall Air Force Base and also provides critical resources to Puerto Rico.
Broadcast quality video of Rubio applauding the Senate’s passage of the disaster relief package is available here.
“This agreement is long overdue, and I urge the House to approve this agreement without delay,” Rubio said. “It is shameful that Hurricane Michael survivors in Northwest Florida were used as political pawns while they were suffering and trying to piece their lives, homes, and communities back together.”
The $19.1 billion disaster supplemental contains funds to address 2018 hurricanes, wildfires, flooding and other 2019 natural disasters. Florida’s agriculture industry will benefit, having access to more than $4.4 billion in funding. The bill also provides $1.67 billion in funding for the Air Force, of which they will use to rebuild Tyndall Air Force Base. It includes multiple provisions related to Puerto Rico including: $600 million for disaster nutrition assistance; $304 million in Community Development Block Grant funds; and $5 million for a Puerto Rico Nutrition Study to assess the impact of additional benefits provided through disaster nutrition assistance.
The bill also reauthorizes the National Flood Insurance Program through September 30, 2019.
A summary of the bill can be found here.
- May 21, 2019: Rubio Urges FEMA to Support Hurricane Michael Debris Removal for Private Property
- May 9, 2019: Rubio, Colleagues Press Secretary Carson to Take Swift Action to Deliver Announced Disaster Aid
- May 9, 2019: ICYMI: How Rubio and Gaetz persuaded Trump to shell out more hurricane aid
- May 2, 2019: VIDEO: Northwest Florida Residents to Congress: Do Something Now
- April 30, 2019: Rubio Meets with Panama City Officials in DC on Disaster Funding, Hurricane Michael Recovery
- April 11, 2019: Rubio, Colleagues Decry Lack of Action on Critical Disaster Aid for Recovering Communities
- April 11, 2019: Playing politics with disaster funding, Democrat obstruction hits new low
- April 6, 2019: Rubio’s office urged FEMA to increase the number of approved TSA extensions for Hurricane Michael survivors.
- April 3, 2019: Rubio, Scott Introduce Disaster Opportunity Zones Act to Aid Communities Recovering from Natural Disasters
- April 1, 2019: Shameful to Play Politics with Disaster Funding
- March 28, 2019: Rubio Files Amendments to Disaster Supplemental to Increase Aid to Florida Communities
- March 27, 2019: Rubio Highlights Importance of Supporting Aid to Puerto Rico
- March 27, 2019: Rubio, Scott Request TSA Extension from FEMA for Floridians Affected By Hurricane Michael
- March 14, 2019: Rubio Introduces Border Security and Disaster Response Supplemental
- February 26, 2019: Rubio, Colleagues Introduce Major Disaster Relief Package
- February 13, 2019: Rubio, Colleagues Urge Congressional Leadership to Take Prompt Action on Disaster Funding