En el 2017, el Departamento de Estado de EE.UU. publicó la Lista de Entidades Restringidas de Cuba para prohibir transacciones con entidades afiliadas al Ministerio del Interior (MININT) y/o al Ministerio de las Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias (MINFAR). Tanto el...
In 2017, the U.S. Department of State published the Cuba Restricted Entities List to prohibit transactions with entities affiliated with the Ministry of the Interior (MININT) and/or the Ministry of the Revolutionary Armed Forces (MINFAR), which are responsible for...
More than 500 Biden Administration employees have reportedly signed an open letter urging the president to call for a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas. These employees may be using their roles in the federal government to undercut efforts aimed at supporting Israel....
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s (R-FL) office will host in-person Mobile Office Hours next week to assist constituents with federal casework issues in their respective local communities. These office hours offer constituents who do not live close to one of Senator Rubio’s...
El pasado domingo, el pueblo argentino eligió democráticamente a su futuro presidente. El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) emitió el siguiente comunicado tras la elección de Javier Milei. “Felicitaciones al pueblo de Argentina por una elección pacífica y...
This past Sunday, the people of Argentina democratically elected their future President. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) released a statement following the election of Javier Milei. “Congratulations to the people of Argentina on their peaceful and democratic...
Rubio Releases Video on Uyghur Slave Labor Law
Miami, FL — U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) released a video regarding his Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act (P.L.117-78), which went into effect on June 21, 2022. The law bans the import of goods from the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region (XUAR), or from entities outside the region that have links to forced labor programs, unless companies can prove with clear and convincing evidence that items were not made with the use of slave labor.
“American corporations and consumers can no longer turn a blind eye to the suffering of Uyghurs and other predominantly Muslim ethnic groups in XUAR,” Rubio said. “Finally, the United States is standing up to the Chinese Communist Party and its use of slave labor. The Biden Administration must strictly and aggressively enforce this law.”
- June 2022: ICYMI: Rubio: Biden Admin Must Strictly Enforce the Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act
- June 2022: Rubio, Merkley, McGovern, Smith Welcome Implementation of Uyghur Forced Labor Bill
- June 2022: Rubio, Colleagues Urge President to Rigorously Implement Uyghur Forced Labor Law
- May 2022: Rubio, Colleagues Seek Funding to Enforce Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act
- February 2022: Rubio Urges Funding For Implementation Of His Uyghur Forced Labor Bill
- December 2021: Rubio-Merkley Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act Becomes Law
- December 2021: Rubio’s Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act to Become Law
- December 2021: VIDEO: Rubio: My Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act Is Going to Become Law
- December 2021: Rubio, Merkley on Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act
- December 2021: Rubio on Uyghur Forced Labor Bill: It Is Time for Action
- July 2021: Rubio, Merkley Applaud Senate Passage of Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act
- June 2021: Rubio, Merkley Applaud Committee Passage of Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act
- January 2021: Rubio, Merkley, Colleagues Re-Introduce Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act