Vice Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Marco Rubio (R-FL) delivered opening remarks and questioned witnesses at a hearing on countering China’s influence in the United States. Watch Rubio’s opening remarks here as well as Part I and Part II of...
Approximately 302,000 Americans live with spinal cord injuries. To help these people achieve a better quality of life, there is a need to increase education and invest in research. U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) successfully led a bipartisan...
Foreign investment is one of the legal means that adversaries, like China, can use to collect Americans’ data, exasperating both privacy and national security risks. To counter this, U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Raphael Warnock (D-GA) reintroduced the...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) joined Special Report with Bret Baier to discuss the impending government shutdown, the possibility of a Saudi-Israeli normalization deal, and the indictment of Senator Bob Menendez (D-NJ). See below for highlights and watch the full...
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced three additions to the Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act (UFLPA) Entity List. These are the first additions by the Biden Administration since June. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL), author of the bipartisan...
Congress should think before it regulates AI U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) September 26, 2023 Washington Times To prevent next-generation computer programs from wreaking havoc on American society, [some members of Congress want] to enact comprehensive regulation at...
Rubio Releases Pro-family Agenda for the 118th Congress
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) reintroduced seven pieces of pro-family, pro-life legislation for the 118th Congress.
- “Families are the most fundamental and important institution in America, and they are central to the fight for life. We can and must do more to support American families. In the 118th Congress, I will continue to advocate for policies that provide parents with real support.” – Senator Rubio
Rubio detailed his vision for a pro-family, pro-life America in a Medium post.
Below is the list of bills Rubio reintroduced:
- Providing for Life Act. First introduced in September 2022, the legislation combines existing Rubio legislation with new, pro-family proposals to provide comprehensive support for pregnant and new moms, as well as their young children. Rubio released the pro-family framework in June 2022 following the Dobbs decision. Representative Ashley Hinson (R-IA) will introduce the House companion.
- New Parents Act. First introduced in March 2019 and reintroduced in September 2021, the legislation creates a voluntary mechanism to fund paid leave by allowing new parents to use a portion of their Social Security earnings after the birth or adoption of a child. Senator Mitt Romney (R-UT) is a cosponsor.
- Lifting Local Communities Act. First introduced in August 2022, the legislation would make it easier for faith-based organizations to apply for and receive government grants and other types of funding without fear of arbitrary religious limitations or vindictive litigation. Senators Josh Hawley (R-MO), James Lankford (R-OK), and Rick Scott (R-FL) are cosponsors.
- Child Interstate Abortion Notification Act. First introduced in January 2019 and reintroduced in January 2021, the legislation would make it a federal crime for physicians to perform an abortion on a minor from another state without parental consent. Representative Mike Johnson (R-LA) will introduce the House companion. Senators Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-MS), Jim Risch (R-ID), James Lankford (R-OK), John Thune (R-SD), Ted Cruz (R-TX), Tim Scott (R-SC), Kevin Cramer (R-ND), Mike Braun (R-IN), Josh Hawley (R-MO), John Kennedy (R-LA), Deb Fischer (R-NE), Bill Cassidy (R-LA), and Roger Marshall (R-KS) are cosponsors.
- Helping HANDS for Families Act. First introduced in November 2022, the legislation would empower civil institutions, such as nonprofit organizations and churches, to better meet child welfare needs in the communities they serve. Senator Bob Casey (D-PA) is a cosponsor.
- Community Mentors for Moms Act. First introduced in August 2022, the legislation would create a grant program to fund integrated mentoring services for low-income mothers. Representative Carol Miller (R-WV) will introduce the House companion.
- Standing with Moms Act. First introduced in July 2022, the legislation would create Life.gov, a federal clearinghouse of pro-life resources, services, and information for pregnant and parenting mothers. Representative Nancy Mace (R-SC) introduced the House companion. Senators Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-MS), Jim Risch (R-ID), Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), Rick Scott (R-FL), Roger Marshall (R-KS), John Thune (R-SD), Dan Sullivan (R-AK), Ted Cruz (R-TX), Mike Braun (R-IN), Deb Fischer (R-NE), and Ted Budd (R-NC) are cosponsors.
Want more information? Rubio outlined his plans for the third term in an op-ed for The American Conservative. He also outlined his plan to defend life in an op-ed standing with pro-life Americans at the 2023 March for Life.