Mexican tomato exporters are conducting unfair trade practices and dumping tomatoes into the U.S. market, despite the 2019 Tomato Suspension Agreement. This is forcing American tomato farmers out of business and destroying the domestic tomato industry. U.S....
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s (R-FL) office will host in-person and virtual Mobile Office Hours next week to assist constituents with federal casework issues in their respective local communities. These office hours offer constituents who do not live close to one of...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) habló con Nio Encendio de Maxima 92.5 de Tampa Bay, sobre cómo la inflación ha impactado a las familias, sobre las olas de migración ilegal, sobre el juicio político de Biden vs. el de Trump, sobre el canje de prisioneros...
This year alone, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has encountered an estimated 40,000 Chinese nationals along the U.S. northern and southern border. The Biden Administration has left the border wide open, allowing potential spies from the Chinese Communist...
Gotion, Inc., a Chinese company and U.S. subsidiary of Guoxuan High-Tech, announced a lithium battery plant in Illinois that is expected to open next year. This CCP-tied battery company is expected to benefit from green-energy tax breaks under the Democrats’ Inflation...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) joined National Public Radio’s All Things Considered to discuss his plan to expand the child tax credit for working families. See below for the full transcript and listen to the edited interview here. On the connection between the child...
Rubio Releases Pro-family Agenda for the 118th Congress
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) reintroduced seven pieces of pro-family, pro-life legislation for the 118th Congress.
- “Families are the most fundamental and important institution in America, and they are central to the fight for life. We can and must do more to support American families. In the 118th Congress, I will continue to advocate for policies that provide parents with real support.” – Senator Rubio
Rubio detailed his vision for a pro-family, pro-life America in a Medium post.
Below is the list of bills Rubio reintroduced:
- Providing for Life Act. First introduced in September 2022, the legislation combines existing Rubio legislation with new, pro-family proposals to provide comprehensive support for pregnant and new moms, as well as their young children. Rubio released the pro-family framework in June 2022 following the Dobbs decision. Representative Ashley Hinson (R-IA) will introduce the House companion.
- New Parents Act. First introduced in March 2019 and reintroduced in September 2021, the legislation creates a voluntary mechanism to fund paid leave by allowing new parents to use a portion of their Social Security earnings after the birth or adoption of a child. Senator Mitt Romney (R-UT) is a cosponsor.
- Lifting Local Communities Act. First introduced in August 2022, the legislation would make it easier for faith-based organizations to apply for and receive government grants and other types of funding without fear of arbitrary religious limitations or vindictive litigation. Senators Josh Hawley (R-MO), James Lankford (R-OK), and Rick Scott (R-FL) are cosponsors.
- Child Interstate Abortion Notification Act. First introduced in January 2019 and reintroduced in January 2021, the legislation would make it a federal crime for physicians to perform an abortion on a minor from another state without parental consent. Representative Mike Johnson (R-LA) will introduce the House companion. Senators Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-MS), Jim Risch (R-ID), James Lankford (R-OK), John Thune (R-SD), Ted Cruz (R-TX), Tim Scott (R-SC), Kevin Cramer (R-ND), Mike Braun (R-IN), Josh Hawley (R-MO), John Kennedy (R-LA), Deb Fischer (R-NE), Bill Cassidy (R-LA), and Roger Marshall (R-KS) are cosponsors.
- Helping HANDS for Families Act. First introduced in November 2022, the legislation would empower civil institutions, such as nonprofit organizations and churches, to better meet child welfare needs in the communities they serve. Senator Bob Casey (D-PA) is a cosponsor.
- Community Mentors for Moms Act. First introduced in August 2022, the legislation would create a grant program to fund integrated mentoring services for low-income mothers. Representative Carol Miller (R-WV) will introduce the House companion.
- Standing with Moms Act. First introduced in July 2022, the legislation would create Life.gov, a federal clearinghouse of pro-life resources, services, and information for pregnant and parenting mothers. Representative Nancy Mace (R-SC) introduced the House companion. Senators Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-MS), Jim Risch (R-ID), Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), Rick Scott (R-FL), Roger Marshall (R-KS), John Thune (R-SD), Dan Sullivan (R-AK), Ted Cruz (R-TX), Mike Braun (R-IN), Deb Fischer (R-NE), and Ted Budd (R-NC) are cosponsors.
Want more information? Rubio outlined his plans for the third term in an op-ed for The American Conservative. He also outlined his plan to defend life in an op-ed standing with pro-life Americans at the 2023 March for Life.