Mexican tomato exporters are conducting unfair trade practices and dumping tomatoes into the U.S. market, despite the 2019 Tomato Suspension Agreement. This is forcing American tomato farmers out of business and destroying the domestic tomato industry. U.S....
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s (R-FL) office will host in-person and virtual Mobile Office Hours next week to assist constituents with federal casework issues in their respective local communities. These office hours offer constituents who do not live close to one of...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) habló con Nio Encendio de Maxima 92.5 de Tampa Bay, sobre cómo la inflación ha impactado a las familias, sobre las olas de migración ilegal, sobre el juicio político de Biden vs. el de Trump, sobre el canje de prisioneros...
This year alone, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has encountered an estimated 40,000 Chinese nationals along the U.S. northern and southern border. The Biden Administration has left the border wide open, allowing potential spies from the Chinese Communist...
Gotion, Inc., a Chinese company and U.S. subsidiary of Guoxuan High-Tech, announced a lithium battery plant in Illinois that is expected to open next year. This CCP-tied battery company is expected to benefit from green-energy tax breaks under the Democrats’ Inflation...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) joined National Public Radio’s All Things Considered to discuss his plan to expand the child tax credit for working families. See below for the full transcript and listen to the edited interview here. On the connection between the child...
Rubio Releases Military And Veterans Agenda For The 118th Congress
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) reintroduced seven bills to support service members, veterans, and their families.
- “We owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to the men and women who put their lives on the line to serve our nation. Last year, we made important progress on critical issues like burn pits and veterans’ health. I look forward to working with the administration to ensure those laws are implemented fairly and effectively. I will continue to fight on behalf of these heroes and their families. They never gave up on America and we should never give up on them.” – Senator Rubio
Rubio detailed his efforts to ensure service members and veterans have the support they need and have earned in a Medium post.
Below is the list of bills Rubio reintroduced:
- Veterans’ Education, Transition, and Opportunity Prioritization Plan (VET OPP) Act. First introduced in April 2019, this legislation would create a new administration under the VA for veterans’ transition, education, and employment programs. Senators Maggie Hassan (D-NH), Rick Scott (R-FL), and Ted Cruz (R-TX) cosponsored the legislation.
- Better Examiner Standards (BEST) for Veterans Act. First introduced in July 2021, this legislation would ensure that only licensed health care professionals conduct medical disability examinations (MDEs) on behalf of the U.S. Senators Kyrsten Sinema (I-AZ), Rick Scott (R-FL), Cynthia Lummis (R-WY), and Mike Braun (R-IN) cosponsored the legislation.
- Rachael Booth Act. First introduced in November 2021, this legislation would fix a gap in the way that current law treats dependents of service members who have suffered from domestic abuse. Senators Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY), Rick Scott (R-FL), and Maggie Hassan (D-NH) cosponsored the legislation. Congressman Vern Buchanan introduced companion legislation in the House of Representatives.
- Preventing Crimes Against Veterans Act. First introduced in September 2016, this legislation would protect our nation’s veterans by making it a crime to scam or defraud an individual of their veterans’ benefits. Senators Catherine Cortez Masto (D-NV) and Rick Scott (R-FL) cosponsored the legislation. Representative Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA) will introduce companion legislation in the House of Representatives.
- Preserving our Commitment to Homeless Veterans Act. First introduced in April 2018, this legislation would improve and protect a joint VA and HUD program designed to help homeless veterans find permanent housing.
- Preserving the Gulf Test Range to Ensure Military Readiness Act. First introduced in September 2022, this legislation would prohibit energy exploration and development east of the Military Mission Line. Senator Rick Scott (R-FL) cosponsored the legislation. Representative Michael Waltz (R-FL) introduced companion legislation in the House of Representatives.
- Reusing Equipment for Environmental Fortification (REEF) Act. First introduced in October 2021, this legislation encourages the Navy to prioritize the repurposing of retired vessels into artificial reefs to reinforce marine environments and create both recreational and economic opportunities. Congresswoman Maria Elvira Salazar (R-FL) introduced companion legislation in the House of Representatives.