U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) joined Fox News Sunday with Shannon Bream to discuss the illegal migration crisis and Ukraine. Watch the full interview on YouTube and Rumble. On how to resolve the border crisis: “The realistic path forward, if we want to end this...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s (R-FL) office will host in-person and virtual Mobile Office Hours next week to assist constituents with federal casework issues in their respective local communities. These office hours offer constituents who do not live close to one of...
On March 1, 2024, Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni will make her second official visit to the United States. Ahead of this occasion, U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) issued a statement highlighting the need to maintain and strengthen U.S.-Italy relations. “Once...
Guatemala is one of seven countries in Latin America and the Caribbean that maintains diplomatic relations with Taiwan. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL), and Senators Jeff Merkley (D-OR), Chuck Grassley (R-IA), Tim Kaine (D-VA), John Boozman (R-AR), Roger Wicker...
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has rolled out a web-based travel reimbursement program to replace its paper claim system used to reimburse veterans for travel expenses to and from medical appointments. However, veterans nationwide are experiencing issues...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) led an effort to overturn a Biden Administration rule that would send American tax dollars to Chinese competitors by waiving the Buy America requirements for electric vehicle (EV) charging stations. President Joe Biden vetoed the...
Rubio Releases Military And Veterans Agenda For The 118th Congress
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) reintroduced seven bills to support service members, veterans, and their families.
- “We owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to the men and women who put their lives on the line to serve our nation. Last year, we made important progress on critical issues like burn pits and veterans’ health. I look forward to working with the administration to ensure those laws are implemented fairly and effectively. I will continue to fight on behalf of these heroes and their families. They never gave up on America and we should never give up on them.” – Senator Rubio
Rubio detailed his efforts to ensure service members and veterans have the support they need and have earned in a Medium post.
Below is the list of bills Rubio reintroduced:
- Veterans’ Education, Transition, and Opportunity Prioritization Plan (VET OPP) Act. First introduced in April 2019, this legislation would create a new administration under the VA for veterans’ transition, education, and employment programs. Senators Maggie Hassan (D-NH), Rick Scott (R-FL), and Ted Cruz (R-TX) cosponsored the legislation.
- Better Examiner Standards (BEST) for Veterans Act. First introduced in July 2021, this legislation would ensure that only licensed health care professionals conduct medical disability examinations (MDEs) on behalf of the U.S. Senators Kyrsten Sinema (I-AZ), Rick Scott (R-FL), Cynthia Lummis (R-WY), and Mike Braun (R-IN) cosponsored the legislation.
- Rachael Booth Act. First introduced in November 2021, this legislation would fix a gap in the way that current law treats dependents of service members who have suffered from domestic abuse. Senators Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY), Rick Scott (R-FL), and Maggie Hassan (D-NH) cosponsored the legislation. Congressman Vern Buchanan introduced companion legislation in the House of Representatives.
- Preventing Crimes Against Veterans Act. First introduced in September 2016, this legislation would protect our nation’s veterans by making it a crime to scam or defraud an individual of their veterans’ benefits. Senators Catherine Cortez Masto (D-NV) and Rick Scott (R-FL) cosponsored the legislation. Representative Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA) will introduce companion legislation in the House of Representatives.
- Preserving our Commitment to Homeless Veterans Act. First introduced in April 2018, this legislation would improve and protect a joint VA and HUD program designed to help homeless veterans find permanent housing.
- Preserving the Gulf Test Range to Ensure Military Readiness Act. First introduced in September 2022, this legislation would prohibit energy exploration and development east of the Military Mission Line. Senator Rick Scott (R-FL) cosponsored the legislation. Representative Michael Waltz (R-FL) introduced companion legislation in the House of Representatives.
- Reusing Equipment for Environmental Fortification (REEF) Act. First introduced in October 2021, this legislation encourages the Navy to prioritize the repurposing of retired vessels into artificial reefs to reinforce marine environments and create both recreational and economic opportunities. Congresswoman Maria Elvira Salazar (R-FL) introduced companion legislation in the House of Representatives.