En el 2017, el Departamento de Estado de EE.UU. publicó la Lista de Entidades Restringidas de Cuba para prohibir transacciones con entidades afiliadas al Ministerio del Interior (MININT) y/o al Ministerio de las Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias (MINFAR). Tanto el...
In 2017, the U.S. Department of State published the Cuba Restricted Entities List to prohibit transactions with entities affiliated with the Ministry of the Interior (MININT) and/or the Ministry of the Revolutionary Armed Forces (MINFAR), which are responsible for...
More than 500 Biden Administration employees have reportedly signed an open letter urging the president to call for a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas. These employees may be using their roles in the federal government to undercut efforts aimed at supporting Israel....
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s (R-FL) office will host in-person Mobile Office Hours next week to assist constituents with federal casework issues in their respective local communities. These office hours offer constituents who do not live close to one of Senator Rubio’s...
El pasado domingo, el pueblo argentino eligió democráticamente a su futuro presidente. El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) emitió el siguiente comunicado tras la elección de Javier Milei. “Felicitaciones al pueblo de Argentina por una elección pacífica y...
This past Sunday, the people of Argentina democratically elected their future President. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) released a statement following the election of Javier Milei. “Congratulations to the people of Argentina on their peaceful and democratic...
Rubio Releases Anti-woke Agenda for the 118th Congress
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) reintroduced eight bills that push back on the political left’s anti-American woke agenda.
- “Woke ideology has infected every aspect of American life and culture. It is hurting our kids, tearing apart communities, and weakening our military. Meanwhile, our adversaries are laughing at us. This is crazy and has to stop. I will continue to fight for common sense to be restored to our government and way of life.” – Senator Rubio
Rubio detailed his vision to free America from woke ideology in a Medium post.
Below is the list of bills Rubio reintroduced:
- Mind Your Own Business Act. First introduced in September 2021, this legislation would enable shareholders to hold woke corporations accountable. Specifically, the legislation would require corporate directors to prove their “woke” corporate actions were in their shareholders’ best interest. If they cannot, the board could be held liable for breaching its fiduciary duty to shareholders.
- No Tax Breaks for Radical Corporate Activism Act. First introduced in May 2022, this legislation would prohibit employers from deducting expenses related to their employees’ abortion travel costs or so-called “gender affirming care” for young children of their employees. Senator Steve Daines (R-MT) is a cosponsor. Representative Brian Mast (R-FL) introduced companion legislation in the House.
- Safe Passage on Interstates Act. First introduced in September 2022, this legislation would criminalize the dangerous and disruptive practice of protesters blocking interstate highways. Senator Kevin Cramer (R-ND) is a cosponsor.
- Prohibiting Federal Emergencies for Abortion Act. First introduced in June 2022, this legislation would block the Biden Administration from abusing its executive power to declare a public-health emergency to protect access to abortion services nationwide. Senators Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-MS), Kevin Cramer (R-ND), Thom Tillis (R-NC), Jim Risch (R-ID), James Lankford (R-OK), Josh Hawley (R-MO), Mike Braun (R-IN), Roger Wicker (R-MS), and Mike Crapo (R-ID) are cosponsors.
- Prohibiting Abortion on Federal Lands Act. First introduced in July 2022, this legislation would prohibit the Biden Administration, or any future pro-abortion administration, from using federal lands and facilities for abortions. Senators John Thune (R-SD), Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-MS), Jim Risch (R-ID), Mike Braun (R-IN), Josh Hawley (R-MO), Roger Wicker (R-MS), and Mike Crapo (R-ID) are cosponsors.
- Protecting Our Democracy by Preventing Foreign Citizens from Voting Act. First introduced in December 2021, this legislation would prohibit federal funding to states and localities that allow foreigners to vote. Senators John Kennedy (R-LA), Thom Tillis (R-NC), Rick Scott (R-FL), Steve Daines (R-MT), and James Lankford (R-OK) are cosponsors. Representative Jeff Duncan (R-SC) introduced companion legislation in the House.
- Restoring Military Focus Act. First introduced in November 2022, this legislation would eliminate the position of Chief Diversity Officer (CDO) within the DOD and prohibit federal funds from being used to establish any similar office. Senators Jim Risch (R-ID), Tom Cotton (R-AR), Mike Crapo (R-ID), Ted Cruz (R-TX), Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), and James Lankford (R-OK) are cosponsors. Representative Chip Roy (R-TX) introduced companion legislation in the House.
- Protecting Students From Racial Hostility Act. First introduced in July 2021, this legislation would protect students from racially-hostile school environments created by the teaching of Critical Race Theory (CRT) by directing the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights to enforce Title VI protections of the Civil Rights Act when a parent or student impacted by CRT submits a complaint. Senator Mike Braun (R-IN) is a cosponsor.