A U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advisory committee recently determined that phenylephrine, an ingredient commonly used to treat sinus and nasal congestion, is ineffective in treating these symptoms. This was apparent from research for years, yet large...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) habló con César Grajales de La Poderosa 670 AM en El Panorama Político, sobre la crisis fronteriza, sobre cómo los hispanoamericanos se ven afectados con la realidad del país, sobre los cargos contra el senador Bob Menéndez...
Pregnant students are sometimes discriminated against by their schools, either intentionally or unintentionally and there is a concerning lack of awareness about the resources and rights available to them. Due to a lack of services and discrimination, these women may...
Currently, intelligence community civilians are subject to certain tax penalties for job-related relocation requirements, but active-duty military servicemembers are not subjected to the same penalties. These tax benefits, including the ability to deduct moving...
Vice Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Marco Rubio (R-FL) delivered opening remarks and questioned witnesses at a hearing on countering China’s influence in the United States. Watch Rubio’s opening remarks here as well as Part I and Part II of...
Approximately 302,000 Americans live with spinal cord injuries. To help these people achieve a better quality of life, there is a need to increase education and invest in research. U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) successfully led a bipartisan...
Rubio Releases Anti-woke Agenda for the 118th Congress
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) reintroduced eight bills that push back on the political left’s anti-American woke agenda.
- “Woke ideology has infected every aspect of American life and culture. It is hurting our kids, tearing apart communities, and weakening our military. Meanwhile, our adversaries are laughing at us. This is crazy and has to stop. I will continue to fight for common sense to be restored to our government and way of life.” – Senator Rubio
Rubio detailed his vision to free America from woke ideology in a Medium post.
Below is the list of bills Rubio reintroduced:
- Mind Your Own Business Act. First introduced in September 2021, this legislation would enable shareholders to hold woke corporations accountable. Specifically, the legislation would require corporate directors to prove their “woke” corporate actions were in their shareholders’ best interest. If they cannot, the board could be held liable for breaching its fiduciary duty to shareholders.
- No Tax Breaks for Radical Corporate Activism Act. First introduced in May 2022, this legislation would prohibit employers from deducting expenses related to their employees’ abortion travel costs or so-called “gender affirming care” for young children of their employees. Senator Steve Daines (R-MT) is a cosponsor. Representative Brian Mast (R-FL) introduced companion legislation in the House.
- Safe Passage on Interstates Act. First introduced in September 2022, this legislation would criminalize the dangerous and disruptive practice of protesters blocking interstate highways. Senator Kevin Cramer (R-ND) is a cosponsor.
- Prohibiting Federal Emergencies for Abortion Act. First introduced in June 2022, this legislation would block the Biden Administration from abusing its executive power to declare a public-health emergency to protect access to abortion services nationwide. Senators Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-MS), Kevin Cramer (R-ND), Thom Tillis (R-NC), Jim Risch (R-ID), James Lankford (R-OK), Josh Hawley (R-MO), Mike Braun (R-IN), Roger Wicker (R-MS), and Mike Crapo (R-ID) are cosponsors.
- Prohibiting Abortion on Federal Lands Act. First introduced in July 2022, this legislation would prohibit the Biden Administration, or any future pro-abortion administration, from using federal lands and facilities for abortions. Senators John Thune (R-SD), Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-MS), Jim Risch (R-ID), Mike Braun (R-IN), Josh Hawley (R-MO), Roger Wicker (R-MS), and Mike Crapo (R-ID) are cosponsors.
- Protecting Our Democracy by Preventing Foreign Citizens from Voting Act. First introduced in December 2021, this legislation would prohibit federal funding to states and localities that allow foreigners to vote. Senators John Kennedy (R-LA), Thom Tillis (R-NC), Rick Scott (R-FL), Steve Daines (R-MT), and James Lankford (R-OK) are cosponsors. Representative Jeff Duncan (R-SC) introduced companion legislation in the House.
- Restoring Military Focus Act. First introduced in November 2022, this legislation would eliminate the position of Chief Diversity Officer (CDO) within the DOD and prohibit federal funds from being used to establish any similar office. Senators Jim Risch (R-ID), Tom Cotton (R-AR), Mike Crapo (R-ID), Ted Cruz (R-TX), Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), and James Lankford (R-OK) are cosponsors. Representative Chip Roy (R-TX) introduced companion legislation in the House.
- Protecting Students From Racial Hostility Act. First introduced in July 2021, this legislation would protect students from racially-hostile school environments created by the teaching of Critical Race Theory (CRT) by directing the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights to enforce Title VI protections of the Civil Rights Act when a parent or student impacted by CRT submits a complaint. Senator Mike Braun (R-IN) is a cosponsor.