EE.UU. debería apoyar al presidente electo Milei 10 de diciembre del 2023 La Nación …Milei es un aliado y EE.UU. debería apoyarlo. El presidente Joe Biden debería darle la bienvenida a Milei porque en estos momentos es difícil encontrar aliados en Latinoamérica y el...
Rubio, Gallagher Statement on Biden Admin’s Watered-down Sanctions on Chinese Officials Conducting Genocide
The Biden Administration has been slow to implement sanctions under the Uyghur Human Rights Policy Act, which became law in 2020, and seeks to hold the perpetrators of the Uyghur genocide accountable. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) and U.S. Representative Mike...
In-person Mobile Office Hours Monday, December 11, 2023 Jackson County 9:30am – 11:00am CST UF/IFAS Jackson County Extension 2741 Penn Ave. Suite 3 Marianna, FL 32448 Click Here Pinellas County 1:30pm – 3:00pm EST Pinellas Park Chamber of Commerce 5851 Park...
Foreign adversaries, including China, have significantly increased covert tactics to infiltrate American colleges and K-12 schools. They do this to steal research, spread propaganda, and silence students and academics. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) and...
The criminal Maduro regime issued bogus warrants to arrest members of the Venezuelan opposition, including several campaign staffers working for opposition leader María Corina Machado, who won the opposition’s primary election earlier this year. Last night, Roberto...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) habló con Ninoska Pérez en La Poderosa 670 AM, sobre los grupos en EE.UU. que apoyan la masacre que lidera Hamás contra Israel, sobre los reclamos para un cese de fuego, sobre el arresto de Manuel Rocha y más. Una...
Rubio Introduces HUD Health and Safety Accountability Act to Protect Tenants
Miami, FL — U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Rick Scott (R-FL) introduced the HUD Health and Safety Accountability Act to hold property owners and managers of Section 8 Project Based Rental Assistance (PBRA) housing accountable for health and safety conditions of properties. The legislation would also empower local governments to have more oversight over federal Section 8 PBRA housing within city jurisdiction and reinstate tenant surveys regarding physical conditions.
“I have seen firsthand the disgusting conditions that some affordable housing residents are forced to endure due to HUD’s neglect and property mismanagement,” Rubio said. “No one should have to live in fear of their health and safety, and I will continue to do everything in my power to ensure decent, safe, and sanitary housing for Florida families.”
“The HUD Health and Safety Accountability Act will ensure that residents in low-income and subsidized housing are living in healthy homes,” Scott said. “Through these good reforms that will increase compliance, HUD will be able to better serve tenants in need and safeguard their rights. As someone who grew up in public housing, I understand just how important these reforms are and I urge my colleagues to support this good bill so that families everywhere are living in secure and clean properties.”
“The North Tampa Housing Development Corporation (NTHDC) applauds Senator Rubio for introducing the HUD Health and Safety Accountability Act that offers enhanced protections for residents residing in federally subsidized communities,” NTHDC Director Layla Hartz said. “This legislation promotes resident participation and feedback, increased cooperation between local code enforcement departments, HUD and the Contract Administrator, vital reforms to property reviews and inspections and important reforms to HUD oversight. North Tampa Housing Development Corporation shares Senator Rubio’s desire to make affordable housing communities safe, clean, and habitable for all of its residents.”
The HUD Health and Safety Accountability Act would:
- Reform mandatory physical inspections and reviews of management to include responsiveness to local code enforcement and to prioritize health/safety conditions;
- Reinstate tenant surveys based on property condition;
- Provide tenants with relevant contact resources; and,
- Require a report on property conditions, compliance with HUD enforcement actions; and unlawfully missed physical inspections.
Rubio has long fought for the health and safety of residents of affordable housing. Most recently, Rubio has been fighting for safe and sanitary living conditions for residents at Hilltop Village, Eastside Terrace, and Eastside Gardens, apartment complexes in Jacksonville, Florida, which are all federally contracted under HUD’s Section 8 Project-Based Rental Assistance program.
- September 15, 2021 – Rubio Introduces Bill to Keep Children and Families Safe From Lead Hazards
- August 10, 2021 – Rubio Demands HUD Address Unsafe and Unsanitary Conditions at Hilltop Village Apartments, Relocate Affected Residents
- August 5, 2021 – Rubio, Scott Urge HUD to Debar Slumlord Andrew Podray From Federal Housing Programs
- July 30, 2021 – Rubio Introduces Bill to Reform HUD Inspection Process, Hold Slumlords Accountable
- July 14, 2021 – Rubio Blasts Jacksonville Slumlord, “stomach-churning”
- June 30, 2021 – Rubio Requests HUD Take Immediate Action at Cambridge Management Properties in Florida
- May 21, 2021 – Rubio Directs HUD to Resume Inspections of 29 Low-Income Properties Throughout Florida
- May 5, 2021 – Rubio Requests HUD Take Immediate Action at Hilltop Village Apartments in Jacksonville
- April 30, 2021 – Rubio Requests HUD Take Immediate Action at Eastside Terrace and Eastside Gardens Apartments in Jacksonville