El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) viajó a Asunción, Paraguay en una visita oficial. Durante su viaje, Rubio se reunió con el embajador de Taiwán en Paraguay, José Han, y reafirmó su apoyo inquebrantable a Taiwán. Paraguay es actualmente el último país en...
RUBIO MEETS WITH TAIWANESE AMBASSADOR TO PARAGUAY, JOSÉ HAN U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) traveled to Asunción, Paraguay on an official visit. During his trip, Rubio met with Taiwanese Ambassador to Paraguay José Han and reaffirmed his unwavering support of...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) viajó a Asunción, Paraguay en una visita oficial. Durante su viaje, Rubio se reunió con el presidente Santiago Peña para hablar sobre los desafíos regionales que enfrentan tanto EE.UU. como Paraguay, la importancia de...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) traveled to Asunción, Paraguay on an official visit. During his trip, Rubio met with President Santiago Peña to discuss the regional challenges both the U.S. and Paraguay face, the importance of our bilateral relations, and ways...
Alexei Navalny’s Death Is a Loss for Russia and the World U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) February 21, 2024 Newsweek …For more than 10 years, [Alexei] Navalny openly opposed the Russian dictator, calling out the “crooks and thieves” in the Kremlin who enabled his...
After years of left-leaning governments, the people of Argentina democratically elected President Javier Milei and Vice President Victoria Villarruel. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL), Vice Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, met with President...
Rubio, Cruz Introduce Americans Act to Defend Service Members From Vaccine Punishment
Washington, D.C. — U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Ted Cruz (R-TX) introduced the Allowing Military Exemptions, Recognizing Individual Concerns About New Shots (AMERICANS) Act of 2022. The legislation would counter the Biden Administration’s efforts to coerce and punish active duty service members who decline the COVID-19 vaccine, and introduce accountability measures in response to U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) efforts to undermine transparency. This bill would build upon protections for servicemembers Senator Rubio and colleagues successfully secured in Section 736 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2022 (P.L. 117-81).
“The Biden Administration trusted our men and women in uniform to risk their lives in service to our country, but not with personal medical decisions,” Rubio said. “It is vindictive and wrong. We need to protect these brave Americans and ensure they are treated with the respect they deserve.”
“It is absolutely unacceptable that the Biden administration is trying to coerce our men and women in uniform to violate their conscience and religious beliefs, let alone on an issue as polarizing as the COVID-19 vaccine,” Cruz said. “The AMERICANS Act will ensure that these and similar efforts to politicize our military on this issue are blocked.”
Click here for a full list of original cosponsors.
Specifically, the bill would:
- Require the Secretary of Defense to make every effort to retain unvaccinated service members, strengthen language to ensure service members receive discharge classifications commensurate with their record of service;
- Require the DoD to report the number and type of COVID-19 vaccine religious exemptions that have been denied, and create an exemption from COVID-19 vaccine requirements for service members with natural immunity; and
- Protect service academy students and Reserve Officers’ Training Corps members in the same way.
- May 10, 2022: Rubio, Lee Introduce Bill to Protect Religious Exemptions From Vaccine Mandate
- April, 29, 2022: Rubio, Colleagues Question Pentagon About Covid Vaccine Military Discharges
- March 23, 2022: Rubio, Marshall, Colleagues Introduce Bill to Protect Americans’ Religious Accommodations From Government Tracking
- March 21, 2022: Rubio Leads Colleagues in Filing Amicus Brief in Support of Workers Denied Religious Exemptions from COVID Vaccine Mandates
- February 22, 2022: Rubio, Scott, and Colleagues Introduce Bill to End Vaccines Mandates for International Truck Drivers
- December 15, 2021: Rubio Applauds Senate Passage of 2022 National Defense Authorization Act