En el 2017, el Departamento de Estado de EE.UU. publicó la Lista de Entidades Restringidas de Cuba para prohibir transacciones con entidades afiliadas al Ministerio del Interior (MININT) y/o al Ministerio de las Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias (MINFAR). Tanto el...
In 2017, the U.S. Department of State published the Cuba Restricted Entities List to prohibit transactions with entities affiliated with the Ministry of the Interior (MININT) and/or the Ministry of the Revolutionary Armed Forces (MINFAR), which are responsible for...
More than 500 Biden Administration employees have reportedly signed an open letter urging the president to call for a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas. These employees may be using their roles in the federal government to undercut efforts aimed at supporting Israel....
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s (R-FL) office will host in-person Mobile Office Hours next week to assist constituents with federal casework issues in their respective local communities. These office hours offer constituents who do not live close to one of Senator Rubio’s...
El pasado domingo, el pueblo argentino eligió democráticamente a su futuro presidente. El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) emitió el siguiente comunicado tras la elección de Javier Milei. “Felicitaciones al pueblo de Argentina por una elección pacífica y...
This past Sunday, the people of Argentina democratically elected their future President. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) released a statement following the election of Javier Milei. “Congratulations to the people of Argentina on their peaceful and democratic...
Rubio, Colleagues Introduce Restoring Military Focus Act
While Russian aggression, Chinese belligerence, and other threats jeopardize international stability, the Biden Administration devotes valuable taxpayer funding and resources to woke diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives within the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD). As part of this effort, the administration has created a Chief Diversity Officer (CDO) position within the DoD.
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) introduced the Restoring Military Focus Act to eliminate the position of CDO and prohibit federal funds from being used to establish any similar office.
U.S. Senators Ted Cruz (R-TX), Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), James Lankford (R-OK), Josh Hawley (R-MO), Bill Hagerty (R-TN), Tom Cotton (R-AR), Roger Wicker (R-MS), Jim Risch (R-ID), and Mike Crapo (R-ID) are cosponsors of the legislation.
- “Our military should be focused on protecting our national security, not on promoting woke nonsense. The current direction we are heading in is dangerous. If we don’t reverse course, we risk jeopardizing our military strength, national interests, and security.” – Senator Rubio
- “Americans expect the Department of Defense to focus on maintaining our military as a combat-ready force capable of defeating and killing our enemies. Instead the Biden administration has transformed the Pentagon into a laboratory for woke policies. The result is breathtakingly irresponsible and reckless.” – Senator Cruz
- “The U.S. military should be focused on confronting the New Axis of Evil — not telling our troops they are racist, teaching CRT or pushing gender pronouns. Our brave warriors should be evaluated solely on their merit.” – Senator Blackburn
- “The men and women serving our nation in the military do not need to be focused on ‘woke’ training practices. Their job is to be ready for the call to protect our nation—not to be up to speed on the latest ‘woke’ terminology. We need to focus on national security.” – Senator Lankford
- “The Restoring Military Focus Act takes the right steps to protect our military from toxic, un-American ideologies and put the focus back on the number one priority: defending our nation’s security.” – Senator Hawley
- “The Department of Defense having a ‘Chief Diversity Officer’ is unnecessary. Young Americans join the military to learn how to defend our country, not learn about radical ideologies. It’s no wonder our military is facing a recruiting crisis under the Biden Administration.” – Senator Cotton
- “The spread of gender and race ideology at the Department of Defense is toxic and diminishes our fighting force. Our military is not a place for social experimentation. With the rise of severe military threats from China and Russia, any step forward in improving our national defense must include rooting out these corrosive ideas and improving quality of life for our troops.” – Senator Wicker
U.S. Representative Chip Roy (R-TX) introduced the legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives in July 2021.
Related… Rubio released a video in August slamming the military’s woke recruitment strategy.