Gotion, Inc., a Chinese company and U.S. subsidiary of Guoxuan High-Tech, announced a lithium battery plant in Illinois that is expected to open next year. This CCP-tied battery company is expected to benefit from green-energy tax breaks under the Democrats’ Inflation...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) joined National Public Radio’s All Things Considered to discuss his plan to expand the child tax credit for working families. See below for the full transcript and listen to the edited interview here. On the connection between the child...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) joined Wake Up America to discuss the U.S. House of Representatives’ impeachment inquiry and the hypocritical reaction by Democrats. See below for highlights and watch the full interview on YouTube and Rumble. On the U.S. House of...
Russia must face severe consequences for its unjustified and unprovoked invasion of Ukraine. Moscow continues to have open access to critical U.S. capital, which fuels Putin and his criminal war machine, through state-controlled and state-owned companies such as...
U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Alex Padilla (D-CA) issued a joint statement condemning Azerbaijan’s unprovoked and unjustified military incursion in the South Caucasus against Armenians under the false pretext of leading an 'anti-terrorist operation' and in...
Vice Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Marco Rubio (R-FL) questioned witnesses at a hearing on the intersection of artificial intelligence (AI) and national security. Witnesses: Dr. Benjamin Jensen, Senior Fellow, CSIS and Professor, Marine...
Rubio, Colleagues Introduce Bill to Prohibit Asylum for CCP Members
This year alone, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has encountered an estimated 40,000 Chinese nationals along the U.S. northern and southern border. The Biden Administration has left the border wide open, allowing potential spies from the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) to enter the U.S. and take advantage of America’s generous immigration system.
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) and colleagues introduced the No Asylum for CCP Spies Act to prohibit members of communist or totalitarian parties, like the CCP, from being granted asylum in the U.S. Like other aspects of federal law, the bill makes clear that members of these parties are ineligible for immigration benefits.
- “The American people are facing the repercussions of the Biden Administration’s open border policy, which is creating chaos and putting our communities at risk. We don’t know who’s illegally entering our nation. This presents an opportunity for the Chinese Communist Party to further take advantage and threaten our democracy and national security interests.” – Senator Rubio
Senators Roger Marshall (R-KS), Rick Scott (R-FL), Bill Hagerty (R-TN), Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), Josh Hawley (R-MO), Mike Braun (R-IN), Pete Ricketts (R-NE) are original cosponsors.
- “Since Joe Biden refuses to stop the flow of Chinese nationals streaming across our southern border, Senator Rubio’s No Asylum for CCP Spies Act is needed to disincentivize these individuals from invading our country. We must strip asylum eligibility from the communist spies who are no doubt hiding among the masses at the southern border.” – Senator Marshall
- “Communist China’s murderous leaders and the thugs that carry out the brutal agenda of Xi’s regime cannot be trusted and cannot be allowed to ‘seek asylum’ in America as a front for spying. The No Asylum for CCP Spies Act is good for our national security and actually protects those who have legitimate asylum claims from being hurt by bad actors. I urge my colleagues for their support of this good bill.” – Senator Scott
- “We’ve now apprehended, under President Joe Biden’s watch, over 170 different nationalities crossing our border illegally, including 40,000 nationals from Communist China in this year alone. This bill would ensure that the CCP can’t exploit Biden’s broken border policies to spy, steal, and otherwise harm U.S. national interests.” – Senator Hagerty
- “While the CCP grows more eager to undermine U.S. sovereignty by any means necessary, President Biden’s open border policies have welcomed nearly 40,000 Chinese nationals to our country in the last year. We need to know exactly what their intentions and affiliations are before they are allowed in via asylum or any legal means. Xi Jinping’s communist way of life has no place in the United States.” – Senator Blackburn
U.S. Representatives Mark Green (R-TN), Troy Nehls (R-TX) and Byron Donalds (R-FL) introduced companion legislation in the House.
- “CBP has encountered a record number of Chinese nationals at the Southwest border, with totals exceeding FY21 and FY22. I’m proud to co-lead Senator Rubio’s No Asylum for CCP Spies Act in the House with Congressman Nehls—a solution to protect our national security from individuals associated with communist parties seeking to harm our national security.” – Congressman Green
- “The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) is our nation’s greatest foreign adversary. Due to the Biden Administration’s complete and utter failure to secure our borders, migrants from all over the world are being encountered at both our northern and southern border, with record numbers of Chinese nationals claiming asylum. Asylum is intended to be a form of protection that allows an individual to remain in the United States instead of being removed from a country where they will face persecution. If these individuals claiming asylum in the United States are members of the CCP, they are not in fear of returning to Communist China. They are here to infiltrate our society, steal our intellectual property, gain our country’s secrets, and report back to Xi Jinping. I am proud to work with Senator Rubio and my other colleagues in introducing this critical piece of legislation to keep Communist Chinese spies out of our country.” – Congressman Nehls
Flashback… Earlier this week, Senator Rubio joined Marshall in sending a letter to U.S. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Mayorkas raising concerns about the alarming number of Chinese nationals, particularly those who have ties to the CCP, encountered by CBP.
Want more information?