A U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advisory committee recently determined that phenylephrine, an ingredient commonly used to treat sinus and nasal congestion, is ineffective in treating these symptoms. This was apparent from research for years, yet large...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) habló con César Grajales de La Poderosa 670 AM en El Panorama Político, sobre la crisis fronteriza, sobre cómo los hispanoamericanos se ven afectados con la realidad del país, sobre los cargos contra el senador Bob Menéndez...
Pregnant students are sometimes discriminated against by their schools, either intentionally or unintentionally and there is a concerning lack of awareness about the resources and rights available to them. Due to a lack of services and discrimination, these women may...
Currently, intelligence community civilians are subject to certain tax penalties for job-related relocation requirements, but active-duty military servicemembers are not subjected to the same penalties. These tax benefits, including the ability to deduct moving...
Vice Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Marco Rubio (R-FL) delivered opening remarks and questioned witnesses at a hearing on countering China’s influence in the United States. Watch Rubio’s opening remarks here as well as Part I and Part II of...
Approximately 302,000 Americans live with spinal cord injuries. To help these people achieve a better quality of life, there is a need to increase education and invest in research. U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) successfully led a bipartisan...
Rubio Applauds U.S. Army Corps for Including Florida Water & Infrastructure Projects in FY19 Work Plan
Miami, FL – The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers today released its Fiscal Year 2019 (FY19) Work Plan, which includes funding for critical Florida water infrastructure projects. As a member of the Senate Appropriations Committee, Rubio outlined his support for these projects in a letter to Assistant Secretary James in mid-October.
“Floridians depend on the efforts of the Army Corps to study, construct, and maintain important water resources infrastructure across our state,” Rubio said. “These projects will provide important benefits for Florida, including funding to restore America’s Everglades, support water quality improvement projects, and prevent flooding in our communities. I’m especially pleased to have helped secure much-needed construction funding to complete Port Panama City’s new terminal berth which will be critical to the Panhandle’s recovery after Hurricane Michael.”
Florida provisions supported by Rubio in the FY19 Work Plan:
- Miami Harbor Improvements – $943,750
- Herbert Hoover Dike Rehabilitation – Adds an additional $66.4 million to the President’s Budget request for a total of $162.4 million. This amount in combination with disaster supplemental funding secured by Rubio fulfills the full cost of expedited construction of the Herbert Hoover Dike to be completed no later than 2022.
- Florida Keys Water Quality Improvement Project – $4 million
- JAXPORT Harbor Deepening – $46 million
- Port Panama City Harbor – $4 million to close out construction on the project.
- South Florida Ecosystem Restoration – Adds an additional $37.1 million to the President’s Budget request for a total of $104,565,160