On Tuesday, September 13, 2022, U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) will host a press conference marking the start of the Inter-Parliamentary Alliance on China’s (IPAC) conference in Washington, D.C.IPAC is an international coalition designed to help legislators craft a proactive and strategic approach on issues related to the People’s Republic of China. Rubio serves as a U.S. co-chair of IPAC.
Additional speakers at the press conference will include:
- Representative Oleksandr Merezhko, Member of the Ukraine Verkhovna Rada
- Dr. Fan Yun, Member of the Taiwan Legislative Yuan
- Senator Yasue Funayama, Member of the House of Councillors of Japan
- Peter Khalil MP, Member of the Australian House of Representatives
- Miriam Lexmann, Member of the European Parliament
- Hon. Lucy Akello, Member of the Ugandan Parliament
- Damon Wilson, President of the National Endowment for Democracy
- Derek Mitchell, President of the National Democratic Institute
- Daniel Twining, President of the International Republican Institute
Media Availability Details:
Approximately 11:00 AM EDT
United States Capitol Building
Credentialed members of the media planning to attend must RSVP to RubioPressShop@rubio.senate.gov.