Mar 26 2019
Washington, D.C. — Tomorrow, on Wednesday, March 27, 2019, U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL), Mitt Romney (R-UT), and U.S. Representatives Ann Wagner (R-MO), and Dan Crenshaw (R-TX) will hold a press conference in 428A Russell Senate Office Building (the Senate Small Business Committee) to unveil their paid family leave legislation.
The press conference will be live streamed on Senator Marco Rubio’s Facebook here.
Members of the media planning to attend must RSVP to RubioPressShop@rubio.senate.gov
*Note: Location has changed from previous advisory.
Wednesday, March 27, 2019:
Rubio, Romney, Wagner, Crenshaw Hold Press Conference on Paid Family Leave Bill
Wednesday, March 27, 2019
Senate Small Business Committee
428A Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515
Background on Rubio Paid Family Leave Efforts
- In August 2018, Rubio introduced the Economic Security for New Parents Act, legislation that creates an option for new parents to pull forward a portion of their Social Security to use for paid parental leave after the birth or adoption of a child. Many parents, especially those with low incomes, will be able to finance three months of leave or longer with the amount of the benefit, which is transferable between households. A one pager of the bill is available here.
- August 1, 2018: Rubio and Wagner: New parents face the 'social insecurity' of our time, so let's help
- August 2, 2018: Rubio: Helping Our Children Begins the Day They are Born by Giving Parents the Option of Paid Leave
- August 7, 2018: Rubio: Parents Should Be Able to Use Their Own Money to Help Start and Raise a Family
- August 20, 2018: What They're Saying: Rubio's Paid Family Leave Plan Is "A Win-Win For Everyone"
- August 30, 2018: Analysis: Urban Study Understates Benefits of Rubio Paid Parental Leave Plan