Rubio Ranked #2 Overall by GovTrack
Feb 01 2021
Miami, FL — According to a non-partisan analysis produced by GovTrack, U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) was ranked as the second top leader compared to all Senators in 2020. The same analysis found he was the second top leader in 2019, the fourth top leader in 2018, and fifth top leader in 2017.
Rubio released a short video recapping his legislative efforts in 2020 on behalf of Florida and the nation. In addition to creating the Paycheck Protection Program, which former CBO Director Doug Holtz-Eakin called “the single most effective fiscal policy ever undertaken by the United States Government,” Rubio passed new laws aimed at helping Florida families and small businesses, strengthening our national security, assisting veterans, and making America’s economy stronger and more resilient.
“It has been a tough year,” Rubio begins. “The pain, the loss, and the hardships are real. I want you to know that, through it all, my staff and I are tirelessly working for you and your family.”
Rubio will soon release a comprehensive report detailing his legislative accomplishments over the past four years.
Key 2020 highlights from the forthcoming report:
Constituent Service Award. Senator Rubio’s award-winning federal casework team helped roughly 17,000 Floridians deal with everything from being stranded overseas due to the coronavirus lockdowns to navigating the agency process for veterans, immigrants, servicemembers, the unemployed, and the homeless. Overall, the team handled nearly 41,000 cases over the past four years.
New Laws. Senator Rubio authored dozens of laws over the past four years, including the expansion of the child tax credit, the VA Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act, the Central Everglades Planning Project (CEPP), numerous bills on Venezuela and China, and, of course the Paycheck Protection Program. Below is a partial list from 2020:
- Paycheck Protection Program and multiple expansions, totaling more than $800 billion
- 5G Innovation Funds based on Rubio’s Utilizing Strategic Allied (USA) Telecommunications Act
- Corporate Transparency Act
- Strengthening America’s Supply Chain and National Security Act
- Commission on the Social Status of Black Men and Boys Act
- Supporting Veterans in STEM Careers Act
- Federal Advance Contracts Enhancement (FACE) Act
- Suppressing Looming Invasive Threats Harming Everglades Restoration (SLITHER) Act
- Coast Guard Shore Infrastructure Improvement Act
- Intelligence Authorization Act (IAA) for Fiscal Year 2021
- Robert Levinson Hostage Recovery and Hostage-Taking Accountability Act
- U.S.-Israel Security Assistance Authorization Act
- Never Again Education Act
- Uyghur Human Rights Policy Act
- Tibetan Policy and Support Act
- Taiwan Reassurance Act
- American Citizen Coronavirus Relief Act
- Leo C. Chase Jr. Department of Veterans Affairs Clinic
- Medal of Honor to Sergeant First Class (SFC) Alwyn Cashe