Rubio Visits Eastern Shipbuilding
Jul 08 2021
Panama City, FL — U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) visited Eastern Shipbuilding Group, Inc. (ESG). Rubio toured the facility, received an update on the U.S. Coast Guard’s Offshore Patrol Cutter (OPC) program, and spoke with members of the press.
The Coast Guard awarded the OPC contract to Eastern in 2016. In 2019, Rubio led the effort to ensure the program stayed on track after Hurricane Michael wreaked havoc in Northwest Florida.
Photos courtesy of Eastern Shipbuilding
- October 11, 2019: Rubio Applauds Coast Guard Commitment to Build Offshore Patrol Cutters in Florida
- July 31, 2019: Rubio Applauds Commerce Committee Passage of the Restore Coast Guard Capabilities Act to Build Offshore Patrol Cutters
- July 30, 2019: Rubio, Scott Introduce Bill to Provide Coast Guard with Needed Authority to Build Offshore Patrol Cutters
- July 23, 2019: Rubio Introduces Legislation to Reduce Maintenance Backlog for Critical Coast Guard Infrastructure
- June 13, 2019: Rubio, Scott file an amendment (S.AMDT.553) to the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2020 to consider the impacts of Hurricane Michael in Modification of the Offshore Patrol Cutter contract
- January 16, 2019: Rubio Joins Colleagues In Supporting Pay Our Coast Guard Act
- September 15, 2016: Rubio Congratulates Eastern Shipbuilding on Coast Guard Contract