News Articles

Rubio backs push to delay NSA reforms after Paris attacks

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) is throwing his support behind a push to preserve a controversial National Security Agency (NSA) surveillance program in the wake of the Paris attacks.
 
[Rubio] on Wednesday said he is backing legislation from Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) that allow the NSA’s bulk collection of U.S. phone data to continue until 2017.
 
“The Paris terrorist attacks remind us that no corner of the free world is safe from these savages, and it is our duty to defeat them by any means necessary,” Rubio said in a statement.
 
Rubio said the NSA reform legislation that passed earlier this year "left our intelligence community with fewer tools to protect the American people and needlessly created more vulnerabilities and gaps in information gathering used to prevent terrorist attacks at home and abroad."
 

 
Keep reading here.