How Can Marco Help?


Below is a list of frequently asked questions regarding how Marco can help provide assistance for you with federal agencies. If you have any questions regarding the work our office can do on your behalf, please feel free to contact us toll-free in Florida at 1-866-630-7106.

How can Senator Rubio help me?
The Senator has staff specially trained to assist any individual or group with a concern, complaint, or question of eligibility or benefit as it relates to a federal agency. Our staff will act as a liaison for Floridians that have an issue pending before a federal agency. Return to Top
How do I ask Senator Rubio to help me?
To request assistance from the office, a Floridian, by law, must complete the Privacy Act Consent Form, describing the nature of the problem and how you would like the Senator to assist you.
Return to Top
Why must I submit a Privacy Act Consent Form or letter to get the Senator to help me?
The Privacy Act of 1974 protects you, the constituent, by prohibiting a federal agency from distributing your personal information to a third party without your written consent. A federal agency will not release any of your confidential case information to our office without proof of consent. Return to Top
What information will I need to include in the Privacy Act Consent Form?

All consent forms must:
    •    Be signed!
    •    Be written in English
    •    Provide a brief explanation of the problem you are having
    •    Specify the federal agency involved
    •    Include a copy of the last correspondence received from the agency

Return to Top
Where do I send my Privacy Act Consent Form?

By mail:                                              
Office of U.S. Senator Marco Rubio
201 South Orange Avenue, Suite 350
Orlando, Florida 32801

By Fax: (844)-762-1556 toll-free in Florida

By email:

To speak with a member of the casework department, call (407) 254-2573 or (866) 630-7106 toll-free in Florida.

Return to Top
Can Senator Rubio assist me with a legal matter?
The Senator is not permitted to give legal advice and/or intervene on matters that are pending before the courts. For legal counsel, it is recommended that you call the Lawyer Referral Service of the Florida Bar Association at (800) 342-8011 or visit their website at Return to Top
Can Senator Rubio file an appeal in reference to an agency's decision?
The Senator does not have the authority to file an appeal to a federal agency. Return to Top
Can Senator Rubio help me with a problem I am having with a Florida agency or local government entity?
While we welcome the opportunity to be of assistance, it is a long-standing tradition that state and local matters be directed to the appropriate official for investigation. It is recommended that you contact the Executive Office of the Governor, your state Senator, state Representative, or local official for assistance with these types of matters.
Florida residents may find the respective Florida agency or state elected officials by visiting Return to Top
Can Senator Rubio help me if I am not a resident of the state of Florida?
It is the Senate’s long-standing tradition that we afford your Senator the opportunity to assist you. If you are not a resident of the state of Florida, we will forward your inquiry to the Senator that represents your state.

Non-Florida residents may locate their U.S. Senator by visiting Return to Top
Can Senator Rubio help me if I am requesting assistance on behalf of someone else?

Due to the Privacy Act of 1974, the person’s written consent is required prior to releasing any confidential case information. This includes immediate relatives, such as a spouse, parent and/or interested third parties, such as attorneys. Please have him or her complete a Privacy Act Consent Form and specify that we have permission to contact the federal agency and share any case information with you.

If you are the parent of a child under the age of 18, you may submit an inquiry on your child’s behalf. If you are an authorized guardian or have power of attorney for an adult individual, please enclose a copy of that evidence with your completed Privacy Act Consent Form.

Return to Top