Thank you for your interest in a nomination to one of our nation’s service academies.
As a member of the U.S. Senate, I have the honor of nominating promising young men and women from Florida for selection to the four service academies which require nomination: Naval Academy at Annapolis, MD, the Military Academy at West Point, NY, the Air Force Academy at Colorado Springs, CO, and the Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point, NY. High school juniors and seniors, as well as high school graduates under the age of 23, are invited to apply for a nomination to a service academy.
Because of the limited number of nominations available to each Senator, applicants should strongly consider contacting Senator Rick Scott’s office and your member of the U.S. House of Representative’s office regarding their nomination process as well. You can find the name of your congressman at the U.S. House of Representatives’ website at: www.house.gov. Applicants should be aware that the Vice President is able to make a limited number of nominations as well.
It is very important that the applicant for nomination, not their parent or guardian, complete the application and contact my office if there are any questions regarding the process. Thank you for your interest in our country’s service academies.
Senator Rubio’s 2019 Academy Nomination Process Timeline
Friday, March 1, 2019
• Application process opens.
• Applications sent to office locations other than the Tallahassee Post Office Box Address will cause delays in processing.
***Wednesday, September 4, 2019***
• Deadline for submission of online application.
Monday, October 7, 2019
• Interview notices mailed to prospective candidates.
Saturday, November 16, 2019
• Personal interview conducted. Interviews will be held in various locations throughout Florida.
• Please keep the interview date open on your calendar. There are no make-up or alternate dates.
Wednesday, December 18, 2019
• Nominee notification of status by mail begins.