Washington, D.C. – Today, at the Summit of the Americas, U.S. Senator Marco Rubio met with Paraguay President Fernando Lugo and Chilean President Sebastián Piñera.
During his meeting with President Piñera, Rubio hand delivered an open letter from the Ladies in White to the presidents of the hemisphere, calling attention to the Castro regime's deplorable human rights record. The letter also asks the democratic leaders of the region to exclude Cuba from future summits as long as the regime continues to deny the Cuban people the freedoms enjoyed by others throughout the hemisphere.
The letter Rubio delivered on behalf of the Ladies of White can be found here.
A high resolution photo of Rubio’s meeting with President Lugo is available here. Photos of his meeting with President Piñera are available here and here.
Rubio also met with members of the Colombian Congress, with a high resolution photo of the meeting available here. He also toured the Port of Cartagena, a hub of trade between the U.S. and Colombia. A high resolution photo taken after the port tour can be found here.
Senator Rubio meets with Paraguay President Fernando Lugo.
Senator Rubio meets with Chilean President Sebastián Piñera.
Senator Rubio meets with members of the Colombian Congress.
Senator Rubio and group after a tour of the Port of Cartagena.
- Meeting_Paraguay President Lugo - Paraguay President Fernando Lugo.JPG (5.0 MBs)
- Meeting_President Pinera - Senator Rubio and President Pinera.jpg (786.6 KBs)
- Visit_Port Tour - Port (2).jpg (1.5 MBs)
- Meeting_President Pinera 2 - Senator Rubio and President Pinera # 2.jpg (517.7 KBs)
- Meeting_Colombian Congress - Colombian Congress 2.jpg (1.8 MBs)
- Letter from Ladies in White - Letter from Ladies in White.pdf (704.7 KBs)