Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senator Marco Rubio today announced the opening of the application process for Service Academy nominations. For those who are at least high school juniors and interested in attending a service academy, the timeline is available on Rubio's website.
In opening this process, Rubio said, "One of the best parts of my job as a United States Senator is having the opportunity to select the best and the brightest students to attend the service academies. I look forward to hearing from students who are interested in serving their nation."
Each year, Rubio nominates young men and women from Florida for selection to four of the nation’s service academies: the Naval Academy at Annapolis, MD; the Military Academy at West Point, NY; the Air Force Academy at Colorado Springs, CO; and the Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point, NY.
Questions regarding a Service Academy Nomination should be directed to the Academy Coordinator at email@example.com.
Senator Rubio's Academy Nomination Process Timeline
- Application process opens.
- Deadline for submission of online application.
- Postmark deadline for submission of hard copy information. Corresponding attachments postmarked after this date will be considered incomplete and not eligible for consideration.
- Applications sent to office locations other than the Tallahassee Post Office Box Address will cause delays in processing.
- Interview notices mailed to prospective candidates.
- Personal interview conducted. Interviews will be held in various locations throughout Florida.
- Please keep the interview date open on your calendar. There are no make-up or alternate dates.
- Nominee notification of status by mail begins.