El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) viajó a Asunción, Paraguay en una visita oficial. Durante su viaje, Rubio se reunió con el embajador de Taiwán en Paraguay, José Han, y reafirmó su apoyo inquebrantable a Taiwán. Paraguay es actualmente el último país en...
RUBIO MEETS WITH TAIWANESE AMBASSADOR TO PARAGUAY, JOSÉ HAN U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) traveled to Asunción, Paraguay on an official visit. During his trip, Rubio met with Taiwanese Ambassador to Paraguay José Han and reaffirmed his unwavering support of...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) viajó a Asunción, Paraguay en una visita oficial. Durante su viaje, Rubio se reunió con el presidente Santiago Peña para hablar sobre los desafíos regionales que enfrentan tanto EE.UU. como Paraguay, la importancia de...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) traveled to Asunción, Paraguay on an official visit. During his trip, Rubio met with President Santiago Peña to discuss the regional challenges both the U.S. and Paraguay face, the importance of our bilateral relations, and ways...
Alexei Navalny’s Death Is a Loss for Russia and the World U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) February 21, 2024 Newsweek …For more than 10 years, [Alexei] Navalny openly opposed the Russian dictator, calling out the “crooks and thieves” in the Kremlin who enabled his...
After years of left-leaning governments, the people of Argentina democratically elected President Javier Milei and Vice President Victoria Villarruel. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL), Vice Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, met with President...
Hurricane Season Preparedness
As hurricane season is in full swing, we wanted to take a moment to share information about hurricane preparedness and other useful resources if a hurricane does hit Florida. Right now, Tropical Storm Isaac is approaching Florida at a rapid pace.
Be sure to watch and listen to your local news or log on to the National Hurricane Service’s website, if possible, because both will have regular updates. Remember, a hurricane watch is when a hurricane is possible, a hurricane warning is when a hurricane is expected.
Here are a few tips to prepare for hurricanes:
- Know your area and the evacuation routes. They are available on the Florida Division of Emergency Management’s Website: www.floridadisaster.org/publicmapping/index.htm
- Have a plan to prepare your home and/or business with storm shutters or plywood. Bring items that could be picked up by the wind and break windows – like lawn furniture, toys, or trash cans – inside.
- Make sure you know where your home’s safe room is located. FEMA’s website details what a safe room should look like.
- Keep your automobile fully fueled; if electric power is cut off, gas stations may not be able to operate pumps for several days.
- Be prepared to survive on your own for a few days. Assemble a disaster kit with a battery-powered radio, flashlights, extra batteries, a first-aid kit, blankets, clothing, food, water, and prescription medications and needed medical supplies. The Florida Division of Emergency Management has a good outline of items on their website: www.fdem-mediacenter.org
- Know how to shut off utilities. Know where gas pilots are located and how the heating and air-conditioning system works. If you have any questions, contact your local utility company.
- Gather your personal documents – insurance policy information, emergency contact information, and any other vital documents – somewhere they can be easily located and ready to take with you should you have to evacuate your home.
Remember, if you need help or have questions, please contact any of our offices and we will do our best to help.
Some other useful resources:
- Florida Division of Emergency Management
- Red Cross: What should I do BEFORE a hurricane?
- Red Cross What should I do DURING a hurricane?
- Red Cross: What should I do AFTER a hurricane?
- FEMA: What should I do BEFORE a hurricane?
- FEMA: What should I do DURING a hurricane?
- FEMA: What should I do AFTER a hurricane?