El Salvador is a bright spot. It can become even brighter U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) February 23, 2024 Informe Orwell I made my first official visit to El Salvador in March 2023. What I saw was remarkable: under President Nayib Bukele, one of the world’s most...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s (R-FL) office will host in-person Mobile Office Hours next week to assist constituents with federal casework issues in their respective local communities. These office hours offer constituents who do not live close to one of Senator Rubio’s...
El Salvador es un punto de optimismo en nuestra región 23 de febrero del 2024 Informe Orwell En marzo del 2023 hice mi primera visita oficial a El Salvador. Es notable resaltar que bajo el gobierno del presidente Nayib Bukele, uno de los países más peligrosos del...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) viajó a Asunción, Paraguay en una visita oficial. Durante su viaje, Rubio se reunió con el embajador de Taiwán en Paraguay, José Han, y reafirmó su apoyo inquebrantable a Taiwán. Paraguay es actualmente el último país en...
RUBIO MEETS WITH TAIWANESE AMBASSADOR TO PARAGUAY, JOSÉ HAN U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) traveled to Asunción, Paraguay on an official visit. During his trip, Rubio met with Taiwanese Ambassador to Paraguay José Han and reaffirmed his unwavering support of...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) viajó a Asunción, Paraguay en una visita oficial. Durante su viaje, Rubio se reunió con el presidente Santiago Peña para hablar sobre los desafíos regionales que enfrentan tanto EE.UU. como Paraguay, la importancia de...
Rubio Urges OMB To Reverse DHS Guidance On The NFIP During Government Shutdown
Miami, FL – Today, U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) released a statement following a decision by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to issue new guidance that prevents the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) from writing or renewing National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) policies during the current government shutdown.
“Last week, I was proud to work with my colleagues to secure a six month extension of the NFIP to ensure that Floridians were able to maintain access to a program so vital to our state. However, I have been informed that DHS has now issued new guidance that prevents FEMA from writing or renewing policies during the current government shutdown. I strongly disagree with this guidance as it incorrectly interprets congressional intent demonstrated last week with Congress passing legislation to keep the program operating until June 2019. I am asking OMB to reverse DHS actions and ensure Floridians can continue to obtain and maintain flood insurance.”
Timeline of Rubio’s Efforts on the National Flood Insurance Program
- December 21, 2018 – Rubio Welcomes Passage of Bill To Extend National Flood Insurance Program
- November 28, 2018 –Rubio Comments on NFIP Reauthorization
- November 15, 2018 – Rubio Introduces Bill to Reauthorize National Flood Insurance Program for Six Months
- July 31, 2018 – Rubio Comments on Senate Reauthorization of National Flood Insurance Program
- July 25, 2018 – Rubio on National Flood Insurance Program: We Should Not Hold Floridians Hostage
- July 18, 2018 – Rubio Video Statement: We need to extend NFIP now or it will be a disaster for Florida
- July 18, 2018 – Rubio in Tampa Bay Times: Congress Needs Long-Term Solution for Flood Insurance Program
- June 21, 2018 – Rubio Secures Funding for FEMA Pre-disaster Mitigation and Flood Hazard Mapping and Risk Analysis Programs in Appropriations Bill
- June 13, 2017 – Rubio, Menendez, Colleagues Lead Bipartisan Flood Insurance Reform Bill
- June 13, 2017 – Rubio in Wall Street Journal: A bipartisan plan for Flood Insurance
- February 28, 2017 – Rubio Meets with Florida Legislative Leaders to Discuss Federal-State Issues, Including The National Flood Insurance Program