El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) viajó a Asunción, Paraguay en una visita oficial. Durante su viaje, Rubio se reunió con el embajador de Taiwán en Paraguay, José Han, y reafirmó su apoyo inquebrantable a Taiwán. Paraguay es actualmente el último país en...
RUBIO MEETS WITH TAIWANESE AMBASSADOR TO PARAGUAY, JOSÉ HAN U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) traveled to Asunción, Paraguay on an official visit. During his trip, Rubio met with Taiwanese Ambassador to Paraguay José Han and reaffirmed his unwavering support of...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) viajó a Asunción, Paraguay en una visita oficial. Durante su viaje, Rubio se reunió con el presidente Santiago Peña para hablar sobre los desafíos regionales que enfrentan tanto EE.UU. como Paraguay, la importancia de...
U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) traveled to Asunción, Paraguay on an official visit. During his trip, Rubio met with President Santiago Peña to discuss the regional challenges both the U.S. and Paraguay face, the importance of our bilateral relations, and ways...
Alexei Navalny’s Death Is a Loss for Russia and the World U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) February 21, 2024 Newsweek …For more than 10 years, [Alexei] Navalny openly opposed the Russian dictator, calling out the “crooks and thieves” in the Kremlin who enabled his...
After years of left-leaning governments, the people of Argentina democratically elected President Javier Milei and Vice President Victoria Villarruel. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL), Vice Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, met with President...
Rubio Secures Critical Provisions for Florida in Defense Bill
Miami, FL — U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) secured critical provisions for Florida in the Fiscal Year 2021 (FY21) National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). These provisions build on Rubio’s efforts in the FY20 NDAA. The Senate plans to consider the FY21 NDAA next week.
The FY21 NDAA includes multiple provisions Senator Rubio requested, including an additional $15 million for the Gulf Range Modernization and the next phase in the Gulf Test Range telemetric modernization process at Eglin Air Force Base.
“The Joint Gulf Range Complex is critical to our national security and military readiness, and I was proud to secure funds in this year’s NDAA that will ensure the next phase of the Gulf Range Modernization continues,” Rubio said. “I also remain committed to ensuring Tyndall Air Force Base makes a full recovery from the damages suffered as a result of Hurricane Michael. This year’s NDAA includes significant federal funding for military construction at Hurlburt Field, which played an integral role in providing aid to Tyndall in the aftermath of Hurricane Michael and is a key installation for our nation’s military.”
The NDAA includes the following provisions requested by Senator Rubio:
- $15 million for the Gulf Range Modernization and the next phase in the Gulf Test Range telemetric modernization process
- Industrial capacity vulnerability study that requires the Secretary of Defense to do a study of the DoD supply chain dependence on foreign pharmaceuticals.
- Joint Interagency Task Force-South (JIATF-S) Operations Center Facility Planning and Design to provide $8 million for the planning and design of a Category 5 hurricane-rated Command and Control facility to enable consistent drug interdiction operations managed by JIATF-S.
The NDAA also includes the following provisions that directly impact Florida:
- Tyndall Air Force Base: The FY21 NDAA gives guidance on the continuing reconstruction of the base.
- Hurlburt Field: $83.1 million for military construction; $44.8 million to build a Special Operations Forces Special Tactics Operations Facility; and $38.3 million to build a Special Operations Forces Combat Aircraft Parking Apron.
- Army Reserves in Gainesville: $36 million to build Environmental Control System Warehouse.
- Panama City: The FY21 NDAA transfers 1.23 acres of land from the Department of the Interior to the Secretary of the Navy.