The Biden Administration has been slow to implement sanctions under the Uyghur Human Rights Policy Act, which became law in 2020, and seeks to hold the perpetrators of the Uyghur genocide accountable. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) and U.S. Representative Mike...
In-person Mobile Office Hours Monday, December 11, 2023 Jackson County 9:30am – 11:00am CST UF/IFAS Jackson County Extension 2741 Penn Ave. Suite 3 Marianna, FL 32448 Click Here Pinellas County 1:30pm – 3:00pm EST Pinellas Park Chamber of Commerce 5851 Park...
Foreign adversaries, including China, have significantly increased covert tactics to infiltrate American colleges and K-12 schools. They do this to steal research, spread propaganda, and silence students and academics. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) and...
The criminal Maduro regime issued bogus warrants to arrest members of the Venezuelan opposition, including several campaign staffers working for opposition leader María Corina Machado, who won the opposition’s primary election earlier this year. Last night, Roberto...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) habló con Ninoska Pérez en La Poderosa 670 AM, sobre los grupos en EE.UU. que apoyan la masacre que lidera Hamás contra Israel, sobre los reclamos para un cese de fuego, sobre el arresto de Manuel Rocha y más. Una...
Yes, We Should Restrict U.S. Investment in China U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) December 7, 2023 National Review [A] recent investigation reveals that U.S. firm BlackRock is funneling the assets of millions of unwitting Americans into Chinese companies directly...
English/Español: Rubio, Scott Commemorate One Year Since Tragic Surfside Building Collapse
Washington, D.C. — U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Rick Scott (R-FL) welcomed the Senate’s unanimous passage of their resolution commemorating one year since the partial collapse of Champlain Towers South in Surfside, Florida that took the lives of 98 people.
“The Surfside building collapse was an unimaginable tragedy, and we will never forget those who lost their lives as a result,” Rubio said. “Today, we honor the memories of those lost, as well as the courageous individuals who heroically assisted in the rescue and recovery process.”
“Nearly one year ago, the Surfside community experienced an unimaginable tragedy with the sudden collapse of Champlain Towers South,” Scott said. “We lost children, mothers, fathers, grandfathers and grandmothers, friends, aunts, uncles and cousins. We continue to pray for and mourn with the Surfside community, the families and loved ones of the lost, particularly members of our Jewish community who were especially affected by this tragedy, and thank all from around the world who came to support the Surfside community when they needed it most. I join Senator Rubio today to recognize this solemn day and remember those lost far too soon.”
Lea el texto de la carta en inglés aquí. full text of the resolution .
Commemorating the passage of 1 year since the tragic building collapse in Surfside, Florida, on June 24, 2021.
Whereas June 24, 2022, marks 1 year since portions of the Champlain Towers South condominium building in Surfside, Florida, catastrophically collapsed; and
Whereas, in the aftermath of the devastating collapse—
(1) one of the largest rescue and recovery operations in the history of the United States commenced to locate scores of residents who were unaccounted for and believed to be in the collapsed building;
(2) first responders from across Florida immediately answered the call of duty, including firefighters, uniformed police officers, rescue and recovery crews, emergency medical technicians, physicians, nurses, and others rushing to save the lives of individuals trapped in the building;
(3) international rescue crews and emergency support organizations from Israel and Mexico responded to the site to aid in the search and recovery efforts;
(4) National Urban Search and Rescue Response System task forces from Florida, Virginia, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey, and emergency specialists from California, deployed to Surfside, Florida, to provide critical support;
(5) teams worked tirelessly around the clock to rescue survivors and recover the remains of individuals killed in the tragic collapse; and
(6) on June 30, 2021, the National Institute of Standards and Technology announced it would launch a formal investigation into the cause of the collapse: Now, therefore, be it
Resolved, That the Senate—
(1) commemorates the passage of 1 year since the tragic building collapse in Surfside, Florida, on June 24, 2021;
(2) honors the survivors and the 98 lives lost in the collapse of the Champlain Towers South condominium building and offers heartfelt condolences to the families, loved ones, and friends of the victims;
(3) commends the bravery and selfless service demonstrated by the local, State, national, and international teams of first responders deployed in the aftermath of the collapse; and
(4) expresses support for the survivors and community of Surfside, Florida.
Washington, D.C. — Los senadores estadounidenses Marco Rubio (R-FL) y Rick Scott (R- FL) aplaudieron la aprobación unánime por parte del senado de EE.UU. de su resolución que conmemora un año tras el trágico colapso parcial de Champlain Towers South en la ciudad de Surfside, Florida, que cobró la vida de 98 personas.
“El derrumbe del edificio de Surfside fue una tragedia inimaginable, y nunca olvidaremos a las víctimas que perdieron su vida”, Rubio dijo. “Hoy, honramos la memoria de quienes fallecieron, así como la valentía de las personas que heroicamente ayudaron en el proceso de rescate y recuperación”.
El texto de la resolución en inglés se encuentra aquí.