EE.UU. debería apoyar al presidente electo Milei 10 de diciembre del 2023 La Nación …Milei es un aliado y EE.UU. debería apoyarlo. El presidente Joe Biden debería darle la bienvenida a Milei porque en estos momentos es difícil encontrar aliados en Latinoamérica y el...
Rubio, Gallagher Statement on Biden Admin’s Watered-down Sanctions on Chinese Officials Conducting Genocide
The Biden Administration has been slow to implement sanctions under the Uyghur Human Rights Policy Act, which became law in 2020, and seeks to hold the perpetrators of the Uyghur genocide accountable. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) and U.S. Representative Mike...
In-person Mobile Office Hours Monday, December 11, 2023 Jackson County 9:30am – 11:00am CST UF/IFAS Jackson County Extension 2741 Penn Ave. Suite 3 Marianna, FL 32448 Click Here Pinellas County 1:30pm – 3:00pm EST Pinellas Park Chamber of Commerce 5851 Park...
Foreign adversaries, including China, have significantly increased covert tactics to infiltrate American colleges and K-12 schools. They do this to steal research, spread propaganda, and silence students and academics. U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) and...
The criminal Maduro regime issued bogus warrants to arrest members of the Venezuelan opposition, including several campaign staffers working for opposition leader María Corina Machado, who won the opposition’s primary election earlier this year. Last night, Roberto...
El senador estadounidense Marco Rubio (R-FL) habló con Ninoska Pérez en La Poderosa 670 AM, sobre los grupos en EE.UU. que apoyan la masacre que lidera Hamás contra Israel, sobre los reclamos para un cese de fuego, sobre el arresto de Manuel Rocha y más. Una...
Rubio Reintroduces Bill to Make Daylight Saving Time Permanent
Ahead of Daylight Saving Time, U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) reintroduced the Sunshine Protection Act of 2023 for the 118th Congress. The legislation would end the antiquated practice of changing clocks twice a year.
- “This ritual of changing time twice a year is stupid. Locking the clock has overwhelming bipartisan and popular support. This Congress, I hope that we can finally get this done.” – Senator Rubio
U.S. Representative Vern Buchanan (R-FL) introduced companion legislation in the House.
- “There are enormous health and economic benefits to making daylight saving time permanent. Florida lawmakers have already voted to make daylight saving time permanent in my home state and Congress should pass the Sunshine Protection Act to move Florida and the rest of the country to year-round daylight saving time.” – Representative Buchanan
Senators James Lankford (R-OK), Alex Padilla (D-CA), Tommy Tuberville (R-AL), Ed Markey (D-MA), Bill Hagerty (R-TN), Tina Smith (D-MN), Rick Scott (R-FL), Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-MS), Rand Paul (R-KY), Ron Wyden (D-OR) and Martin Heinrich (D-NM) are original cosponsors of the legislation.
- “Twice a year Oklahomans ask themselves—why do we still have to change our clocks? Last year, the Senate unanimously passed the Sunshine Protection Act, but the House never even voted on the bill. Every Mom of young children hates this time of year when alarm clocks change, but baby’s clocks don’t. It is past time to get this bill to the President’s desk so we can take the stress, headaches, and annoying twice-a-year reset of the clocks out of our lives. It’s time to lock the clocks.” – Senator Lankford
- “Alabamians have overwhelmingly expressed their support for the Sunshine Protection Act, and I promised them I’d continue pushing to do away with the outdated practice of adjusting our clocks twice a year. It’s time for America to move forward and stop falling back. Congress should listen to the people and make Daylight Saving Time permanent.” – Senator Tuberville
- “Over the years, I’ve fought and won to extend daylight saving time—adding two months’ worth of sun to the American people’s calendar. It’s past time for Congress to broaden its horizons and finally make daylight saving time permanent. With the Sunshine Protection Act, we can shine a light on the darkest days of the year and deliver more sun, more smiles, and brighter skies.” – Senator Markey
- “Switching our clocks back and forth every year is a pointless exercise that robs us of daylight hours during the darkest time of the year. After passing with unanimous support last year, I hope we can get this bill across the finish line this Congress. Minnesota is ready to make the switch to permanent daylight saving time.” – Senator Smith
- “Permanent daylight saving means more time in the sunshine and that’s something everybody should support. Changing the clock twice a year is outdated and unnecessary. I’m proud to be leading this bipartisan legislation with Senator Rubio that makes a much-needed change and benefits so many in Florida and across the nation. When I was governor of Florida, I was proud to sign this bill into law on the state level, and I will continue this effort in Congress. We need to get it all the way over the finish line this time. It’s time for Congress to act and pass this good bill today.” – Senator Rick Scott
- “Many Mississippians, especially those in agriculture, agree that ending the disruptive practice of re-setting our clocks would bring public safety improvements, economic benefits, and even mental health benefits to our nation. I’m proud to again cosponsor the Sunshine Protection Act in an effort to make permanent Daylight Saving Time a reality.” – Senator Hyde-Smith
“The Sunshine Protection Act will allow states the freedom to decide if they want to permanently follow Daylight Saving Time or not without needing approval from Congress. I’m glad to join Sen. Rubio in introducing this commonsense legislation.”— Senator Paul
“It’s time to put a stop to the twice-a-year time-change madness. Science and common sense show that more year-round daylight would improve our health, help kids spend a bit more time enjoying outdoor after school activities, and encourage folks to support local businesses while on a sunny stroll in their communities. I’m all in to get the Sunshine Protection Act passed into law at last.” – Senator Wyden
Want more? A one pager of the bill is available here.
In March 2022, the Senate unanimously passed Rubio’s Sunshine Protection Act, sending it to the House for action. Former Speaker Nancy Pelosi never brought the legislation up for a vote, despite broad support among lawmakers and the American people.